5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 ram classic limited Air suspension not lowering from the fob. It was working before

jk Edouni

Reaction score
Hey guys. My 2016 ram classic limited Air suspension not lowering from the fob. It was working before

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to ask this question in a 4th gen forum. I don't remember seeing anyone here asking about this problem on their 5th gens.

There are a few things that can disable that, at least on a 5th gen. Having a door open, or the hood open, or steps deployed will all disable the fob lowering feature. I'm assuming 4th gens would have the same disabling devices.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2020 doesn't work sometimes unless I 'double tap' the button two times in row. Try repeated attempts with the button.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 doesn't work sometimes unless I 'double tap' the button two times in row. Try repeated attempts with the button.
It's designed to only work if you push the button twice. Are you saying you push it four times (two "double taps")?

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's designed to only work if you push the button twice. Are you saying you push it four times (two "double taps")?
Correct.
The first double tap doesn't usually work. I have to repeat the double tap to get it to drop most of the time.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct.
The first double tap doesn't usually work. I have to repeat the double tap to get it to drop most of the time.
I had to do something similar for the remote start button. It got to the point where I just automatically pushed it three times whenever I wanted to remote start my truck. Became second nature, so I kind of forgot about having to do that. It didn't bother me enough to have it looked at. The wife's truck seems to work with 2, as it's supposed to do.

Ducky5

Reaction score
Mine is a '22 but I have to lock the truck before it'll lower. Without locking it'll honk the horn then a few seconds later honk again like it's done, nothing moves. Lock it then try again and it works as advertised.

Users who are viewing this thread