5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 weeks with my new limited thoughts so far

Jimmyk

Reaction score
I absolutely love this truck and the way it rides. I have a few issues as others have stated about the A/C taking a really long time to cool off in the Texas heat. It does eventually cool off but takes much longer than my 2014 Longhorn. Another strange issue is the sports portion of the XM travel link will not load and the dealer can’t figure it out either All the other features of the travel link load fine but it’s really annoying not being able to get my favorite sports teams loaded up. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how were you able to get it working? I have done resets and signal refresh from SiriusXM and still no luck.

How is everything else with the 12inch? And do you have the HK sound system? How’s that ?

How is everything else with the 12inch? And do you have the HK sound system? How’s that ?
My HK sounds great I use CarPlay instead of bluetooth for streaming music for better sound

Update on Travel Link. I just did one more refresh and bam it worked. Now if I could make the a/c cool faster I would be 100% satisfied. Rich I absolutely love the 12” screen and being able to have it split. The HK system sounds great but to be honest I had the Alpine in my longhorn and thought it sounded great also.

My only gripe with the system so far is how long it takes to boot up the nav on initial start up. I live in Alaska so the A/C will never be an issue!

Update on Travel Link. I just did one more refresh and bam it worked. Now if I could make the a/c cool faster I would be 100% satisfied. Rich I absolutely love the 12” screen and being able to have it split. The HK system sounds great but to be honest I had the Alpine in my longhorn and thought it sounded great also.

Make sure the AC is not in recirculate mode. Once I realized mine was recirculating, I disabled this and the AC is much cooler.

Same here with the sports not loading. I hate my new longhorn. 2 weeks of ownership and its spent half of it in the shop. My 5th Ram and I regret trading in my ‘17.

Make sure the AC is not in recirculate mode. Once I realized mine was recirculating, I disabled this and the AC is much cooler.
That doesn't make any sense. Recirculate should absolutely produce cooler air once the cabin air is below exterior temp, unless for some reason the airflow through recirc is less - and in my experience, the airflow is perfectly fine.

That doesn't make any sense. Recirculate should absolutely produce cooler air once the cabin air is below exterior temp, unless for some reason the airflow through recirc is less - and in my experience, the airflow is perfectly fine.

Agree. In theory, I would think it should be cooler recirculating, but mine (and others) have seen the cooling improve when disabling this.

Same here with the sports not loading. I hate my new longhorn. 2 weeks of ownership and its spent half of it in the shop. My 5th Ram and I regret trading in my ‘17.
How sad. I am truly sorry for you.

Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Longhorn. ☹️ On a positive note I have also noticed that I no longer have the Hemi tick on this truck in the morning when I first start it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back