5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 questions

Bwarren2

Reaction score
1. The little insert in the drivers door handle that should unlock the truck if keys are close by is not working, is this a known issue? I assume its a simple dealer fix

2. there are 2 dials the left and below the steering wheel, 1 is to change the brightness of the instrument cluster, what is the other one for, seems like its for lights but nothig changes when I move the dial.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
2. Height adjustment for the light e.g. when you are towing

cjmst23

Reaction score
1. The little insert in the drivers door handle that should unlock the truck if keys are close by is not working, is this a known issue? I assume its a simple dealer fix

2. there are 2 dials the left and below the steering wheel, 1 is to change the brightness of the instrument cluster, what is the other one for, seems like its for lights but nothig changes when I move the dial.
The 2nd dial controls the ambient lighting brightness

Ranchram

Reaction score

If I am understanding the question, the insert actually locks the door whereas putting your hand in the handle unlocks the door. Sorry if I misunderstood.

ericd

Reaction score

The little button is used to lock the door. To unlock the door simply stick your hand into the handle without pressing the button as if you are just opening the door normally.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the Rebel have that option? Small button on the door handle that is?

As for the light adjustment, it controls one little LED above the center console. Try messing with it in the dark. I don’t believe Rebels have ambient lighting like the upper trims so it only controls 1 bulb.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Does the Rebel have that option? Small button on the door handle that is?

As for the light adjustment, it controls one little LED above the center console. Try messing with it in the dark. I don’t believe Rebels have ambient lighting like the upper trims so it only controls 1 bulb.

Yes, it has the the small button. But you bring up an interesting point, the rebel does get shafted having fewer options than other Rams, its not like its a cheap truck either!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it has the the small button. But you bring up an interesting point, the rebel does get shafted having fewer options than other Rams, its not like its a cheap truck either!
Yup, I loved the look of the rebel but I didn't want to sacrifice some of the creature comforts. 114 degree summers, cooled seats are a must. I had no idea the trucks had ambient lighting until like yourself I was wondering what the other dial did. Quick look in the manual and I went from not knowing there was ambient lighting to looking to see how hard it would be to change the color of the ambient lighting. @jamesfg has a post on here where he added his own ambient lighting to the doors in his Rebel, although I don't think it has dimmer control, turned out really nice though.

jamesfg

Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of the dimmer switch for the ambient lighting, so I used 4 resistors and tapped into the dash board lighting. Mama is happy so that's what matters. Still got 3 doors to go but I'm getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online