5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" lift kit only available for a v8 crew cab

Pentarod

Reaction score
I have to say, the stock 4x4 is a little too low in the front for the sierra nevada winters and no factory lift kits available?. They make one for the v8 crew cab but neither quad cabs, v6 or v8. This ain't right. I understand they're trying to improve fuel economy, but to a point where a point where it defeats the purpose of a 4x4? I'm confident 12" of snow could do a number to the front end spoiler. I don't it would hold up well as a snow plow . If you're listening Ram, what's the deal? Do you plan on putting kits out for all your models and when?

JHRebel

Reaction score
Ready lift has a 2inch level and a 3.5 that should work...not sure about the v6, but I know the 2inch works

Pentarod

Reaction score
I considered some after market options, however they are a one size fits all. From what I've gathered, the factory ones are set up for the vehicle weight, plus they include the coil springs. that would be better spacers would limit the effective travel and wouldn't be as good. Plus the factory ones would likely maintain the excellent ride quality. Ram should at least offer kits for all their models, not just the most popular. Thanks for the info, I'll check them out

JHRebel

Reaction score
I considered some after market options, however they are a one size fits all. From what I've gathered, the factory ones are set up for the vehicle weight, plus they include the coil springs. that would be better spacers would limit the effective travel and wouldn't be as good. Plus the factory ones would likely maintain the excellent ride quality. Ram should at least offer kits for all their models, not just the most popular. Thanks for the info, I'll check them out

It's all "one size fits all", even from mopar, don't over think it, if you decide not to go the mopar route Ready lift, and many others make seem to make quality kits...just don't go for the cheapest route out there IMO.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Toss some Rebel bilstiens on there from a crew cab truck? If they sit 1” taller on a crew cab, you should pick up around 2” I would think. Much cheaper than the mopar kit.

Or use them from a quad cab truck and get the motofab 1/2” spacer and toss it on. That would be 1.5” and valved for the weight.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you need the springs not just the shocks as shocks don't provide lift unless they are ajustable which Bilstien makes but those aren't the ones on the Rebel.

Pentarod

Reaction score
Since Ram's not on the ball here, I went to the parTs counter with the vin # of a offroad addition and compared the differences. So far the UCA is the same and the coil springs and shocks are different (F&R). Not sure about the rear suspension bars and the stability cntrl. So far for my v6 quad cab bighorn sport with v-6 it's stacked up to $1054 for springs and shocks on all 4 corners. Apparently the shock valving is set up more for off road, and is likely set up to sync with a longer travel, +2" up and down. With the 2" mopar kit it has spacers, UCAs better shocks ( fox or bilsteins) and something to do with positioning the stabilizer bars. The shocks are longer but not sure if you gain travel unless the springs don't bottom out before the shocks, but I doubt it. You need UCA's for a 2" lift so the geometry doesn't get screwed up running at a different height. Without this, the ball joints will get jacked. If to exceed 2" lift with the stock differential and cv joints, they will also get jacked. Now I'm not sure if the 2" lift is as good as the off road package. If fca doesn't put out the 2" lift I'm likely to have one option for my quad cab v6. Does anyone have the off road package on their DT? Any comments on the road handling? I also learned about the dynamic air dam, it has a slip clutch on it to prevent damage in case it drags. My final thought was using the 2" if and when it comes out , but use the longer springs with 1/2 thick spacers to get both full 2" heigth and the additional travel. Any thoughts on that?

Pentarod

Reaction score
It's all "one size fits all", even from mopar, don't over think it, if you decide not to go the mopar route Ready lift, and many others make seem to make quality kits...just don't go for the cheapest route out there IMO.
I'm sure they're decent, maybe better, but could cause warranty issues. BTW, I think was wrong about the mopar kit coming with springs. The parts guy at roseville, told they did, but not sure if he really know. I'm kind of hoping mapar offers the 2" lift for my trunk because I think 2" would raise the front spoiler enough to clear most of the stuff I'll subject it to. Maybe in 10 years or so when it's getting kind of beat up and the wrecking yards are full of DTs I'll do something more aggressive like rebel bumpers and skidpads, ect.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that’s a lot of crap on the 2” kits. It’s not going to over stress anything. Too many people over thinking everything

Users who are viewing this thread