5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Time Ram owner

Jsamp

Reaction score
I've been lurking the forums for about a month or so and thought I'd say hi. I came from a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500. I was faced with an expensive out of pocket repair so I decided to trade it in instead and get something newer. I went with a brand new 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I went with the V6 etorque model since I don't tow anything and wanted the better fuel mileage. It's my first ever Ram truck. So far I'm really digging it. There's a few 'bells and whistles' the Silverado had that the Ram doesn't but the only one I really miss is the passive entry. After lurking these forums I know it's something I can add later one. Why it wasn't included in the keyless package?!? I just worry it will affect the warranty. I'm still looking into it.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been lurking the forums for about a month or so and thought I'd say hi. I came from a 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500. I was faced with an expensive out of pocket repair so I decided to trade it in instead and get something newer. I went with a brand new 2023 Ram 1500 Big Horn. I went with the V6 etorque model since I don't tow anything and wanted the better fuel mileage. It's my first ever Ram truck. So far I'm really digging it. There's a few 'bells and whistles' the Silverado had that the Ram doesn't but the only one I really miss is the passive entry. After lurking these forums I know it's something I can add later one. Why it wasn't included in the keyless package?!? I just worry it will affect the warranty. I'm still looking into it.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your new Ram as much as I love mine. Hopefully you have a good dealership service department where you are...that makes all the difference in the world, regardless of make.
Maybe see if passive entry is a dealer-installable option? That way there should be no warranty issues.
Best of luck with your new Ram!

Jsamp

Reaction score
Thanks. So far I really do like it. It's also my very first new vehicle which is exciting. As much as I want the passive entry option I need to get a bed liner and running boards first (my wife is short lol). Overall though it has the majority of what I want in a truck. It has the crew cab, 4x4, remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel, Uconnect 8 with Android auto just to name a few. Hopefully it treats me well for years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread