5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19 Speaker H/K

Jasonsd999

Reaction score
Just wanted to find out if someone could give me some insight into something I noticed today. I've got the Laramie crew cab with the black appearance package and Level 2 equipment group, and I went with the 8.4" screen. Is there any difference in the 19 speaker H/K systems between 8.4" uconnect and 12" uconnect equipped Laramie's? I didn't think anything of it before but my center speaker on my dash has the "///Alpine" logo on it and I'm wondering why it wouldn't have the "Harman/Kardon" logo on it.

Thanks for any help on this.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Something seems off about that. I also have a Laramie level 2 with the hk sound system and the 8.4 screen but mine says Harmon/kardon on the center speaker

Does your truck have small speakers at the top front side of the front doors?

Jasonsd999

Reaction score
Yea, it has the large speaker on the lower section of the front doors with the smaller speaker above near the top of the front door.

Edit: side note, another oddity, I noticed what looks to be a VIN on the lower right corner(looking from the outside) of each of the door windows, is that in fact a VIN and are those supposed to match my VIN?

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Seems like just a simple mistake of putting the wrong grille on the center speaker, if it’s an annoyance I would speak to your service department.

But to answer your original question I don’t believe there is any difference between the 19 speaker system in the 8.4 vs 12 inch screens

Jasonsd999

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping, I will have to talk to them about switching it out.

Users who are viewing this thread