5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 to 2500 to 1500?

ReLLIK75

Reaction score
Has anyone here gone from a 1500 to a 2500 and then back to a 1500? If so, why did you come back to the 1500? I'm really thinking about trading my 19 Rebel for a 2500. Specifically, I want the extra power when towing and I'm realizing the 6'4" bed would also be a plus.. There are a couple near by that have all the bells and whistles that I'm looking for--specifically when it comes to towing. One is a crew cab Laramie and one is a Mega Cab Limited. The Limited happens to be dealer modified with a lift and wheels, and has every option. The Laramie is very nicely equipped--just missing a few things the Limited has. They've also just recently dropped the price on the Limited by about $10k, but it's still $10k more than the Laramie. I've test driven a Big Horn (crew cab) 2500 and thought it drove even nicer than my Rebel. It didn't feel much bigger either. I'm concerned about the overall length of the mega cab, though--especially since it would be our main road tripping vehicle. I've been in some parking lots that were a bit tight for my Rebel so in a 2500 (and especially a Mega Cab) I don't know what I'd do.

I know I won't gain much if anything in fuel economy switching from the Hemi to the Cummins. Insurance doesn't change much either. I love my Rebel, but would love the extra power and room offered by the 2500. I just don't want to get in to a 2500 and then wish I hadn't traded out of my Rebel.

Also, If I do go ahead with one of those two 2500 options available, aside from UConnect 5 and/or being able to order one exactly as I'd like it, are there any immediate pros to going with a '21 right now? I know if I trade right now I can still get a decent amount for my Rebel, but at the same time, dealers aren't budging on their prices. If I wait for the 22's, I probably won't get nearly as much on my trade and I still won't be able to negotiate much if any on the new '22 price.

Thanks!
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back