5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 died when I applied parking brake (brand new)

Tucker452

Reaction score
I drove my new 2021 home from the dealer last night. While still in drive I applied the parking brake in my driveway, the engine shut off. I restarted, applied the brake again and the truck did not shut off. I looked in the owner’s manual, but don’t see any link between the parking brake and the engine shutting off. About 10 minutes earlier while I was driving home, I had shut off the auto off feature that turns the engine off when stopped at lights, etc. That definitely turned off because the truck didn’t shut off at any lights or stop signs after I turned that feature off.

Any ideas? It’s a 2021 1500 Limited. Brand new with 10 miles.

BobK

Reaction score
Strange but so much is controlled by the computer now - stranger things have happened. If it was me, I would try it every day for the next two weeks out of curiosity and see if it happens again. If it doesn't I would assume it was just a fluke and not worry. Curious if anyone else had that happen. The one thing I do hate is if you try to move with the door open it will auto apply the E-Brake on you which is very annoying. Sometimes you may need to want to look where you are backing up or something with the door open but it wont let you. More and more vehicles are doing that. But have not seen it shut off the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread