5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1500 cab rear window water leaks

Thi

Reaction score
Any thoughts on my water leak? It seems to leak into the cab at the rear window seal (the big window, not the slider). Has this been a problem? If we pour water into the channel above the rear window at the upper, driver side corner (or at carwash or in the rain) then it leaks inside at the very top of the window. Also, we do not know where the stain on the headliner in that same corner came from. It does not leak right inside the third brake light so we don't think it's the light, and we haven't seen problems with the sliding window or drains. I attached three photos.

Attachments

• inside leak stain.jpg
    inside leak stain.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 143
  • inside water drip.jpg
    inside water drip.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 144
  • outside leak spot.jpg
    outside leak spot.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 143

jandrews27

Reaction score
My son took his truck in to the Ram dealer and showed them the Service Bulletin and they tested where the leak was coming from. It was in the area described in the bulletin and they are going to cover the window under the extended warranty. Thanks everyone for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread