5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15,000 miles… Error Codes, lost power while towing.

Croaker

Reaction score
After camping in San Diego and while traveling back on the freeway, the truck lost power, acceleration and speed. Would loose speed over the slightest grade (SD freeway is pretty flat) Limped home, disconnected the trailer and delivered the truck to the dealership.

The service writer told me they might be able to look at it for a week and certain parts may take three additional weeks depending on the diagnosis.

I bought this truck to pull my travel trailer and boat. We have a camping trip planned and the tuna and yellowtail are biting, so this sucks.

This is my second Ram ecodiesel. I put 50,000 miles on the 2017 and never noticed a regen and never had any problems. The 2021 threw a regen shortly before the camping trip. Then a P026D, then “Service Electronic Throttle Control” and “Traction Control”

I read somewhere on this forum that applying the throttle and brake at the same time can screw things up. Does this apply to applying the throttle while actuating the trailer brakes from the dash??

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know amount that but I just had rhe fuel pump replaced and all the guts with it - at 34k miles on a 2020. Stellantis needs to Unfuck this HPFP issues asap as all y stuff was replaced with the same stuff. Only been 10 months since the recall was issued.

Croaker

Reaction score
My neighbor had the same issue. His went dead without warning and they did not have the “improved” pump so they replaced the entire fuel system and just installed the same defective pump again.

My truck did not go dead, it just runs at reduced power.

Users who are viewing this thread