5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12v on seven way trailer plug -- no power

Oneilljf

Reaction score
Hello,
Have a 2019 Ram 1500 it has a factory 4/7 trailer plug. I noticed that 12v aux on the seven way does not have power.

I tested the vehicle on and off. I tested it with a multimeter and Curt trailer tester, no luck. Fuses look OK

Took it to the dealer. Was told I don't have the 12v "feature". This is seems very odd. Every other vehicle I've tested of my neighbors (Cadillac, Armada and Jeep) has the 12V powered when there is a 7 way plug installed at the factory

My vehicle has a factory trailer brake, and tow/haul mode. I do have foldable mirror so I don't have the "tow package".

So, is the trailer plug malfunctioning or is dealer telling the truth?

thanks

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
It should be hot. Crawl around underneath in back and trace the wiring from the plug to the next connector and see if you have juice there. I have a vague recollection that someone posted about a bad harness.

Users who are viewing this thread