5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1200 miles in... Electronic Throttle Control Light is on

kysourmash

Reaction score
Ugh.

About a month into ownership of my brand new Ram 1500 Limited. 5.7 L Hemi. Etorque. Less than 1200 miles.

The Electronic Control Light is came on today. Little less "oomf" than yesterday.

What is this? Very frustrated.

That's a warranty claim. And it probably also qualifies s a safety item, so you should demand a loaner and leave the truck there until it's fixed.
Thank you for that as I will use it as a reason to get the loaner.

I'm taking the truck in tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

They think it's a wire that has come loose. I have also lost the rear parking assistance and apparently this ties into the electronic throttle while towing. They are picking it up at work and plan on taking apart the dash Monday to diagnose and fix the problem definitively.

It is a little nuts to think the kind of trouble a loose wire can cause in new vehicles now a days .

Problem fixed. Had to unplug and reseat a wire connection. Hopefully an easy fix.

I'll post back if it recurs.

Problem fixed. Had to unplug and reseat a wire connection. Hopefully an easy fix.

I'll post back if it recurs.
Has anything happened since for you? I'm in a nearly identical spot with 1700 miles on my Limited with the same error and issues showing up. Did they say what connection it was at the dealership?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back