5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Unconnect No GPS found, No signal

TimT

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited and on my way home, I noticed I had no GPS signal and my display had me over 200 miles away. Direction indication was completely off as well. When I looked further into the issue I noticed my GPS was grayed out and showed no signal and no signal strength. Nothing I've done has fixed this problem (disconnect battery, put in destination and do 5 counter-clockwise circles). Is there a fix for this?

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 RAM 1500 Limited and on my way home, I noticed I had no GPS signal and my display had me over 200 miles away. Direction indication was completely off as well. When I looked further into the issue I noticed my GPS was grayed out and showed no signal and no signal strength. Nothing I've done has fixed this problem (disconnect battery, put in destination and do 5 counter-clockwise circles). Is there a fix for this?
Unfortunately its the GPS components in the radio module that have failed; a common problem. My 2019 Longhorn has the same issue but it doesnt bother me as I use Android Auto with Google maps. As long as your within the 36K warranty it will be covered. There is another post on here discussing this very topic.

TimT

Reaction score
Who do you call (before going to dealer) to get them to order a new unit. I've heard and have been told that that there is a update coming to fix this, but there is NO update that will fix this issue? Do I call Chrysler Customer Service?

n8zcc

Reaction score
Who do you call (before going to dealer) to get them to order a new unit. I've heard and have been told that that there is a update coming to fix this, but there is NO update that will fix this issue? Do I call Chrysler Customer Service?
You will need to make an appointment with a service department. They will need to diagnose the problem and then order your part(s) which will most likely be on backorder.

TimT

Reaction score
You will need to make an appointment with a service department. They will need to diagnose the problem and then order your part(s) which will most likely be on backorder.
With the amount of these units with issues, when will class actions start being filed. I just finished with RAM care and they were absolutely no help.. Apparently they don't understand that a Software update will not fix a Hardware issue....

Big White RAM

Reaction score
With the amount of these units with issues, when will class actions start being filed. I just finished with RAM care and they were absolutely no help.. Apparently they don't understand that a Software update will not fix a Hardware issue....
It's a sad situation for sure, and to top it off, the replacement module will be a rebuilt unit as I was told by the service manager at the dealership where I purchased my truck.

TimT

Reaction score
Update - Finally had an appointment to get the "software update" for my Uconnect system and wouldn't you know it, it didn't take. Dealership tried several time and the software would kick out an error code #20 and fail to update. So now I'm waiting to see what's next. Of course Uconnect is telling me my warranty has exceeded it's limit and I am responsible for costs. Interesting how this issue has several class action law suits either settled or still in mitigation and they are refusing to accept their responsibility to make this right. Might be time for a good lawyer to piggy back on existing or start a new class action. It's too bad, I've been a Dodge/Ram Customer since 99'. Well, that ends after this one. Absolutely terrible customer service, my case manager is an absolute joke.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
I never replaced the module. Instead, I purchased a aawireless adapter and use Google maps via android auto; just perfect!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update - Finally had an appointment to get the "software update" for my Uconnect system and wouldn't you know it, it didn't take. Dealership tried several time and the software would kick out an error code #20 and fail to update. So now I'm waiting to see what's next. Of course Uconnect is telling me my warranty has exceeded it's limit and I am responsible for costs. Interesting how this issue has several class action law suits either settled or still in mitigation and they are refusing to accept their responsibility to make this right. Might be time for a good lawyer to piggy back on existing or start a new class action. It's too bad, I've been a Dodge/Ram Customer since 99'. Well, that ends after this one. Absolutely terrible customer service, my case manager is an absolute joke.
I mean, if you are out of warranty you are out of warranty. That's not a customer service issue. You bought a used vehicle, and if it was outside factory warranty, was probably marked "as is". If you didn't verify all options were working before purchase, that's on you. The fix is a new head unit if you want it working. Or just do like most owners and use Android Auto and apple car play and the more accurate updated map apps on the phone.

TimT

Reaction score
I mean, if you are out of warranty you are out of warranty. That's not a customer service issue. You bought a used vehicle, and if it was outside factory warranty, was probably marked "as is". If you didn't verify all options were working before purchase, that's on you. The fix is a new head unit if you want it working. Or just do like most owners and use Android Auto and apple car play and the more accurate updated map apps on the phone.
I did purchase a extended warranty and the dealer said they would have it fixed, but was told that a software update was coming to fix this problem. I explained to them that a hardware issue will not be fixed by a software update but they wouldn't listen, so i had to wait for the update. Frustrated with the wait I contacted Uconnect and they gave me a case manager who was not responsive and absolutely no help to me or the service manager at the dealer. Dealer took it upon themselves and contacted my extended warranty and they approved the new unit and for that, I'm grateful. I still stand by my opinion of the case manager, who only contacted me to let me know they reached out to service manager and that I was responsible for any repairs. Maybe this is more a Chrysler issue. This is a known issue with several class actions and they still won't take responsibility.

Last edited:

Xxwassyxx

Reaction score
I did purchase a extended warranty and the dealer said they would have it fixed, but was told that a software update was coming to fix this problem. I explained to them that a hardware issue will not be fixed by a software update but they wouldn't listen, so i had to wait for the update. Frustrated with the wait I contacted Uconnect and they gave me a case manager who was not responsive and absolutely no help to me or the service manager at the dealer. Dealer took it upon themselves and contacted my extended warranty and they approved the new unit and for that, I'm grateful. I still stand by my opinion of the case manager, who only contacted me to let me know they reached out to service manager and that I was responsible for any repairs. Maybe this is more a Chrysler issue. This is a known issue with several class actions and they still won't take responsibility.
I just started to have the exact same issue myself. Sadly oit of warranty and it will be arou $800 for the part not including the install. Yes you can use your phone, but you pay for a working unit. Be nicer if it was just a module i can replace.

Users who are viewing this thread