5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect - Radio Sound Missing w/ restart within 10mins

sabraitis

Reaction score
I've been searching to see if others have experienced a no sound from radio problem if you restart engine within 10mins. Can't seem to find others with similar experiences in this forum.

Anyway, all works fine on initial engine start, drive etc.... when I stop turn off truck and start within 10 mns, the Uconnect warning screen doesn't come on, goes right to where it was left with one exception, no radio sound. Volume button no longer changes volume setting. Very obvious that software controlling the volume and sound is frozen for radio.

Things I've noted:
  • All sources of music have same effect.... no sound, but all screens function, station changes still occur
  • GPS voice works fine.
  • Volume button doesn't change the volume settings (i.e. 22 indicated, turn knob right or left and no effect).
  • Turn off engine, wait 15mins to restart and all is good again. I know sound will work when the Uconnect warning comes up at the very start, if warning doesn't come up.... no sound.

Just started doing this for the last 2 days.
Had truck for a month now. Anyone else experience this?

Kgreen

Reaction score
Have 7000 miles 19 bighorn and had this issue for the first time, I read this forum and tried the recommendation of changing the source with the steering wheel control and it cleared it up.

SeanGTS

Reaction score
Mine is now doing this as of this morning. Tried to restart the car no change. Stick on volume 18, no sound on any source.

RIC3BOY

Reaction score
Quick solution has been posted before - cycling through the audio sources using the steering wheel button controls (rear of steering wheel). That should bring back audio.

@SeanGTS I've updated your thread with this information.

LawnD4rt

Reaction score
Quick solution has been posted before - cycling through the audio sources using the steering wheel button controls (rear of steering wheel). That should bring back audio.

@SeanGTS I've updated your thread with this information.

This worked for me, I had also sent a reset from Sirrus.

TEWERT

Reaction score
I've been searching to see if others have experienced a no sound from radio problem if you restart engine within 10mins. Can't seem to find others with similar experiences in this forum.

Anyway, all works fine on initial engine start, drive etc.... when I stop turn off truck and start within 10 mns, the Uconnect warning screen doesn't come on, goes right to where it was left with one exception, no radio sound. Volume button no longer changes volume setting. Very obvious that software controlling the volume and sound is frozen for radio.

Things I've noted:
  • All sources of music have same effect.... no sound, but all screens function, station changes still occur
  • GPS voice works fine.
  • Volume button doesn't change the volume settings (i.e. 22 indicated, turn knob right or left and no effect).
  • Turn off engine, wait 15mins to restart and all is good again. I know sound will work when the Uconnect warning comes up at the very start, if warning doesn't come up.... no sound.

Just started doing this for the last 2 days.
Had truck for a month now. Anyone else experience this?
Yup replaced my radio 2 times, still have issues, they are still trying to fix it...

Users who are viewing this thread