5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" Uconnect Freezing and Dealership says there is no TSB on file

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Hello from Texas!

I am a proud owner of a 2019 Ram with the 12.1" screen and have enjoyed it immensely...until the last week. The apple carplay, when engaged, seems to "lock up" the volume and mute the system after a period of time. So it goes like this:

Start truck everything is fine...
Plug in iphone and system switches to apple carplay.
Media input switches over to USB (so far so good)
I attempt to swap media over to Sirius or FM or any other input
The system swaps the input back over to USB on its own..
Then the volume is locked at whatever number it is on at the time, but the audio is muted.

Now the funny thing is that the audio for the Waze and the driving directions still is present. I just don't have any entertainment audio of any kind. I drove through a Dodge dealership in Houston while on business and they couldn't find any TSB on it or any updates of any kind. They wanted me to bring the truck back for troubleshooting for a couple days.

I guess I will have to leave it at my home dealership in Dallas when I get back, but I have read on this forum that some folks have found updates/TSBs on the software for this unit. Is that true? Should I try and reset the system back to factory settings and see if that helps?

Users who are viewing this thread