5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12" screen inop after engine start

Jonnybow

Reaction score
When I was picking up my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport, the screen was blank. I knew it powered up by itself and there's really no user interface that can make it go blank. I tried the dimmer and several other buttons but the screen was completely inop. The salesman came out and also tried a bunch of buttons that I had already tried and had a look of panic in his eyes. It was 5pm on New Years Eve, service guys were packing up and here I am trying to drive my new truck home.
They ended up re-flashing the computer and the problem is gone. The sales manager said he'd heard of this before but didn't think it was a wide spread issue.
I searched on here for similar issues but didn't see any. Anyone else have this issue??

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I was picking up my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport, the screen was blank. I knew it powered up by itself and there's really no user interface that can make it go blank. I tried the dimmer and several other buttons but the screen was completely inop. The salesman came out and also tried a bunch of buttons that I had already tried and had a look of panic in his eyes. It was 5pm on New Years Eve, service guys were packing up and here I am trying to drive my new truck home.
They ended up re-flashing the computer and the problem is gone. The sales manager said he'd heard of this before but didn't think it was a wide spread issue.
I searched on here for similar issues but didn't see any. Anyone else have this issue??
There is also a "Screen Off" button on the right hand side of the screen. I did not see it mentioned, but did anybody try that one.

Jonnybow

Reaction score
There is also a "Screen Off" button on the right hand side of the screen. I did not see it mentioned, but did anybody try that one.
Yes, the screen off button was tried but I believe that button is only screen off and you touch the screen to turn it back on. Touching the screen off button after it's been turned off doesn't bring it back on. I could be wrong though!

Jonnybow

Reaction score
@HeliPilot... The "screen off" button on the right lower side of the screen is also a screen on button if the screen is already off. As said above, touching the screen also turns it back on.
I had to try it and report back.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have this same issue this morning but my screen comes on whenever I put that truck in reverse.

Users who are viewing this thread