5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12 Inch Display Freeze

ryanstebbins

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 1500 12 Inch touch display keeps freezing. The local dealership installed a new radio (not the center stack); did a hard reset x5. Still not working. It will occasionally become unfrozen. Anyone else have this issue? I believe a new center stack is tied to the issue.

Thanks

stevept

Reaction score
My 2020 Ram 1500 12 Inch touch display keeps freezing. The local dealership installed a new radio (not the center stack); did a hard reset x5. Still not working. It will occasionally become unfrozen. Anyone else have this issue? I believe a new center stack is tied to the issue.

Thanks
The screen on my 2019 Ram Limited 12" Uconnect was also freezing. It was isolated to XM Radio Service. Two trips to the dealer and finally they replaced the "RADIO". It works perfectly now. My issue was XM Radio freezing the entire system and a new radio (not the entire physical Uconnect screen center stack) fixed the issue

stevept

Reaction score
The screen on my 2019 Ram Limited 12" Uconnect was also freezing. It was isolated to XM Radio Service. Two trips to the dealer and finally they replaced the "RADIO". It works perfectly now. My issue was XM Radio freezing the entire system and a new radio (not the entire physical Uconnect screen center stack) fixed the issue

Htex

Reaction score
I was having the same exact issue… radio frozen trying to load XM Radio. Would I freeze after a few restarts but kept freezing on start over and over again. So frustrating! I read on another post something about it happening to someone after adjusting their power seat memory. I had just taken my truck to the dealer and remembered that I had messed with the seat memory right before the issue started. It hadn’t happened before. Thus led me to believe that as unlikely as it sounded, the issues were related. I reset my seat memory and i haven’t had the issue since. It’s been a week with several starts daily and no issues!! Try messing with the power seat memory!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online