5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” upgrade

Sbjoe93

Reaction score
I finished 8.4 non nav to 12” upgrade. All works great. I would like to use the guardian services. How ever they won’t let me activate even when trying to use original truck VIN as the want proof of purchase for that truck of some sort. I was told if radio was put in as factory to my truck this would take care of that issue. I have called 3 dealerships and called FCA for help and no one really knows. Anyone able to get that done? If so how did you get it done? Thanks In advance.

ClintO

Reaction score
Where did you buy all the parts? Is there a parts list somewhere? I also want to do the 8.4 non nav to the 12.1 in my 2019

Sbjoe93

Reaction score
Where did you buy all the parts? Is there a parts list somewhere? I also want to do the 8.4 non nav to the 12.1 in my 2019
I got my screen with bezel and radio module off eBay. There are members on here that sale them also. You will need the wire harness for it. I bought mine from Jimmy07. There are members who make harnesses for various upgrades. Mark Taylor has been an awesome help.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think you can get guardian services enabled since it wasn't a factory option for you. And they really aren't worth the cost anyways.

@Jimmy07 would be the one to answer thst.

eyerocks

Reaction score
i have a uconnect 4 12.1 screen mint with matte protector, module with security passcode for sale as i upgrade to uconnect 5.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone done the 12" to 12.1" screen upgrade. If so, was it worth it? :ROFLMAO:

TCB77

Reaction score
I got my screen with bezel and radio module off eBay. There are members on here that sale them also. You will need the wire harness for it. I bought mine from Jimmy07. There are members who make harnesses for various upgrades. Mark Taylor has been an awesome help.

So I’m sure the price would vary depending on what you could find each piece for but if you don’t mind me asking, how much do you have into it?

Junior84

Reaction score
i have a uconnect 4 12.1 screen mint with matte protector, module with security passcode for sale as i upgrade to uconnect 5.
So you went from a 12” Uconnect 4 to 12” Unconnect 5? Im would like to do this. What was the process?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So you went from a 12” Uconnect 4 to 12” Unconnect 5? Im would like to do this. What was the process?
With all the issues I've seen from guys with UC5, Do you really want to swap?

Raptorg007

Reaction score
My dealer wants to replace my UC4 because car play doesn’t work. I think it’s the media hub that needs replaced. I was curious if they insist on replacing the radio if they would authorize a UC 5 order.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My dealer wants to replace my UC4 because car play doesn’t work. I think it’s the media hub that needs replaced. I was curious if they insist on replacing the radio if they would authorize a UC 5 order.
They will never replace with UC5 at dealership, and there's more to the swap than just changing head units. The wiring harness connections are different

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/