5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12” screen and no sound

Kkrot2019

Reaction score
Help! My radio in my truck is not working. No sound. Have reset the system and shut the truck off multiple times and no luck. Car Play is also not working. Truck is only 3 weeks old. 2019 Laramie Sport with 12” screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kkrot2019

Reaction score
After 5 hours of not working, I shut the truck off for 30 minutes and when I turned the truck back on the radio started working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's an issue with the 8.4" screen too. Sometimes my audio will just stop working. Dealership tells me there's an update "coming soon".

In the meantime any time I lose audio I use the input select button on the steering wheel (middle button on the back of the wheel on the passenger's side) to cycle through the inputs. My audio has always started working again when I do that. It's not a permanent fix but it's a lot better than waiting for it to start working again.

Users who are viewing this thread