5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

110v / 400w limit

DCinHSV

Reaction score
I'm having an issue 'trying' to use a 65w (max) accessory. I've read in the manual that the 400w is max for all the plugs on the circuit (makes sense), but with nothing plugged into the other 110v or the 12v on dash, when I plug in a 65w charging hub, no power makes !

Troubleshooting steps:
1) same hub works 'if' I use the 12v charger that plugs into the 'hub' and I've been using it on the top of the dash - surprisingly the charger doesn't get warm and works well.
2) the 110v charger and hub work fine in the house
3) the 110v charger and hub work fine in my wifes SUV on a 150w limited system

I'm baffled. I've searched this forum and online, but haven't found any solutions, so please point me to info that can assist.

Thx in Advance ~

DCinHSV

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm... Maybe a bad fuse? There are some fuse locations pointed out on page 127 though they look like 12v outlet fuses not the inverter. Also, is there still an inverter switch to the left of the steering wheel? Sorry about the snarky heading, it’s the manual being snarky not me.
UPDATE: Dagnabbit again, too slow @edrclark !

B3AC1A31-9DE3-46D8-BB05-7A99E89A4282.jpeg

TrinityAlps

Reaction score
I have an anker 63w quick charge usb hub with 5 ports and it works fine on mine.

DCinHSV

Reaction score
yeah . . . no switch that I see in that location (must be for the RAM box as mentioned above) and yes sir, I've tried others. Same thing. Question --- when I plug a 110 in, the light comes on orange; I assume that just means something is plugged in . . . OR does it mean something needs to be reset ???

Users who are viewing this thread