5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“New” 2019 Ram Bighorn 4x4 Owner

NHSierraHotel

Reaction score
First, thanks to all the posters on the different forums, it helps coming up to speed on a new truck being able to see issues from a variety of perspectives.

4th Dodge/Ram for me (2005 Dodge Lariat 2500 CTD 4x4, 2014 Ram Laramie Longhorn 2wd, 2013 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 DRW). I was a lifelong Ford guy until I bought my 2005 Laramie. Working for Cummins at the time, I was well aware of the drivetrain, but when they fixed the tranny and front end on the Dodges on 04/05 I took a chance. What a great decision! I’ve been very happy with each truck (I only had the ‘14 for about 10 months, as I needed a 4x4 and a 1 ton to pull our then-new 41’ toy hauler, but it was a GREAT truck for those 10 months 😉).

Sold the toy hauler this summer, then sold the 3500 as I didn’t want the HD truck and associated maintenance. My son works for a large dealership chain here in NH, and was working real hard to sell me on buying a Chevy (Friends don’t let friends drive Chevys). I had him take to their Ram dealership, and after driving a ‘21 Limited and a ‘20 Laramie Sport, I actually settled on a holdover ‘19 Bighorn with the V6 Etorque. So far very happy with the truck after working through a vibration issue. I’m not crazy about the engine sound vs the Hemi, but I really like the 23-24 mpg I get in mixed driving, That will settle as time goes on, but I don’t need the extra power the Hemi gives (I had it in my ‘14 - great engine, and love the V8 growl).

So far, I’ve added a BAKFLIP Fibermax (I gad a G2 on my 3500 - love except the aluminum skin is very soft, mine looked like a golf ball after parking it under an oak tree and getting pummeled by acorns), NFab podium steps, changed the dash speakers to Infinity Reference speakers, added the OEM winter mats, Husky mudflaps, and replaced the Halogen bulbs with Cougar LEDs, all as a result of inputs from this site. A sincere thanks, I look forward to reading more and more about our trucks,

NHSH

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online