5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“115v Cargo Power Outlet On” Error Message stays on.

bventre

Reaction score
Have a 2021 1500 Bighorn. Installed the Linkswell 12” radio and now on my dash I have the error message “115v cargo power outlet on”. Won’t go away even after pressing OK. I don’t have any 115v outlets either, just the 12v on center stack.
Any ideas what it can be? Checked all connections on the radio and any wires from factory harness, everything is connected. Any way to disable error messages?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It sounds like the programmer they gave you enabled the outlets. I assume they gave you a programmer when you upgraded the screen. I'd contact them for a fix or you would need to use AlfaODB to change the settings.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

bventre

Reaction score
It sounds like the programmer they gave you enabled the outlets. I assume they gave you a programmer when you upgraded the screen. I'd contact them for a fix or you would need to use AlfaODB to change the settings.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
No programmer , just harnesses. It’s just weird since I don’t have those outlets but it’s showing the message.

Patamaran

Reaction score
This happened to me today after I forgot to re connect my 8+12 pin connectors back into the security module after using AlphaOBD w/ a security bypass cable. My cluster kept flashing 115v outlet on, and even if I cycled the menu away from it, it would immediately bring it right back. after re-plugging in the 2 connectors, it returned to normal. might be a troubleshooting clue as to what's going on with yours.

WK21

Reaction score
This happened to me. 2022 with 1k miles. Uconnect sent me instructions for soft reset, not helpful. Anybody else seen this?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This message is for the outlet in the ramboxes. There's a switch on the dash below the headlight swtich to turn on/off the cargo outlet. Now if you don't have ramboxes, then you need to use alphaobd to set ecu config 3 power inverter to none. I think.

WK21

Reaction score
This message is for the outlet in the ramboxes. There's a switch on the dash below the headlight swtich to turn on/off the cargo outlet. Now if you don't have ramboxes, then you need to use alphaobd to set ecu config 3 power inverter to none. I think.
I appreciate it, I’ll check that out. Note I do not have ram boxes.

Cyberskewt

Reaction score
I was excited to see your info on exactly where in the OBD tables I needed toverify "off". However, my error continues. I have a 2021 "Built to Serve" edition Bighorn. I installed the Linkswell 12" head unit and have had the 115v Cargo error since. I ordered the bypass cable and the Vgate OBD2 module. I have been able to successfully change a few settings but have not been able to clear the power outlet. If you happen to be in the program again, could you please verify: ECU Config 3 Power Inverter: No. Mine was already at "NO" yet error persists. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Miztli99

Reaction score
Have a 2021 1500 Bighorn. Installed the Linkswell 12” radio and now on my dash I have the error message “115v cargo power outlet on”. Won’t go away even after pressing OK. I don’t have any 115v outlets either, just the 12v on center stack.
Any ideas what it can be? Checked all connections on the radio and any wires from factory harness, everything is connected. Any way to disable error messages?
Are you still having this issue? I finally got mine fixed this past weekend.

jakeel96

Reaction score
Are you still having this issue? I finally got mine fixed this past weekend.
i just started having this issue with my 2021 laramie. unconnect wont come on, 115V Cargo power outlet on, lame assist unavailable, and the front windows won’t roll down. what was your fix action?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i just started having this issue with my 2021 laramie. unconnect wont come on, 115V Cargo power outlet on, lame assist unavailable, and the front windows won’t roll down. what was your fix action?
Experiencing this issue currently. 115V Cargo Power Outlet on today while driving and I cannot clear it from the instrument cluster. With that message, I have also found several other issues that immediately followed. Some already mentioned in previous posts above.

-Front windows won’t roll down
-Rear windows are intermittent
-12” Radio display and volume went out
-A/C quit working
-Parking sensors intermittent

I found a few other posts online through various platforms of people experiencing similar trouble but none of them had followed up regarding the repair. The one I attached sounds very similar to mine. Not sure if anyone has any additional insight here but If not, I’ll do what I can to post an update once I hear more on what’s going on with the truck.

Attachments

• 2C8242F3-C3FE-4A83-B9DF-713805463450.jpeg
    2C8242F3-C3FE-4A83-B9DF-713805463450.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 32

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to check for DTC's yesterday evening and found quite a few that were stored. All of them directly related to the issues I described above.

FCM: U0010-00 = Lost Communication w/ CAN Communication Interior Bus
FCM: U0164-00 = Lost Communication w/ HVAC control module
FCM: U0200-00 = Lost Communication w/ door control module B
FCM: U0199-00 = Lost Communication w/ door control module A
FCM: U0184-00 = Lost Communication w/ radio module
FCM: U0011-00 = CAN Communication Interior Bus Performance / heated seat control circuit
FCM: U0232-00 = Lost Communication w/ obstacle detection control

I decided to clear these codes and then disconnected the battery and let the truck sit for a couple hours. After reconnecting the battery, the truck appears to be running completely fine. The 115V Cargo Power On message is no longer on the display, all of the modules and accessories are functional, and the diagnostic trouble codes have not returned. When disconnecting my battery, I found that the terminals were slightly loose. Nothing extreme, but enough that I figure it could be worth mentioning. I have no idea if that is at all related or not but time will tell once I put some miles on the vehicle. I have canceled by appointment with the dealer for now and plan to just drive the truck for awhile to see if these issues return. Will update if any additional problems arise.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, my success was short lived. I ended up taking the truck to the dealer last Friday because all of the issues mentioned above returned after a short drive. I got a call from the dealer later that afternoon, and they notified me that the issues were coming from a defective battery. During their review, they found 38 DTC's that were related to battery voltage or loss of communication. They tested the battery, and it failed all of the loading and charging tests that they performed. They replaced my battery under warranty and took it for a test drive to verify the repair. I've read that these trucks do unthinkable things when the battery starts to go, and I learned first hand that it is 100% true. I never anticipated it being a battery issue because of the age of my truck. I have a 2021 with only 12,500 miles, so pretty early for a failure in my opinion.

I've put about 60 miles on my truck since picking it up from the dealer and everything appears to be back in working order without issue. For anyone that may encounter a similar situation, I'd recommend having your battery tested as a troubleshooting starting point.

Decon Bob

Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 Ram that is experiencing the same thing. The additional problem is no radio or back up camera. Dealership will take 24-48 hrs after I drop the truck off before a tech tried to diagnose the problem. I'll get the battery checked at an Autozone or equivalent first. Thanks for your enlightening blog.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 1500 Ram that is experiencing the same thing. The additional problem is no radio or back up camera. Dealership will take 24-48 hrs after I drop the truck off before a tech tried to diagnose the problem. I'll get the battery checked at an Autozone or equivalent first. Thanks for your enlightening blog.
Good luck and welcome! Hopefully that is all it is. Make sure to drop an update once you find out more.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 21 Laramie has flashed this warning 4 times now and the 12” screen goes black, then comes back on a few seconds later. I had electrical issues in the first year of ownership under 10,000 miles, I sure hope I don’t have to go through that mess again😩🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread