5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Level Kit on truck with Off Road Group

Zmoney

Reaction score
There are so many threads talking about this so I thought i would look for some recent insights. I am taking my truck in for a Tuff Country 2 inch level kit installed by Les Schwab. My truck has the off-road package.

Les Schwab said i shouldn't worry about needing new upper control arms, however, in reading options from others, i ordered the Mopar arms that come with the 2 inch Mopar lift kit. Should i move forward with the new arms or go with what Les Schwab advised and return them?

What size tires would you all recommend getting? with the added 2 inch on top of the 1 inch lift from the off road package?

Anyone get a kit installed from Les Schawb on their '19 yet? Opinions?

Thanks!

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having that extra movement in the UCA is worth the small price compared to finding yourself off road with a popped joint. You spent a lot of money for that truck, don’t cut corners now over a few relative dollars.

Davezl1

Reaction score
In another thread they were debating whether the UCA’s in the Mopar kit are any different then stock or the same. The consensus seemed to be that they are identical.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I like the Readylift arms and they are made for more lift than the FCA kit from what I understand. I used them on mine with 2.5 level and Off Road Group equipped truck. They work great. I would definitely change from the factory ones.

Davezl1

Reaction score
I haven’t bought my truck yet. Debating between buying without ORP and doing Mopar lift and leveling, or just getting ORP and leveling. Which would be safer? Would the Mopar UCA work safely with a 2” spacer to level Mopar kit? Or should I add get ORP and add 2” spacer and possibly Change UCA to Mopar? Trying to avoid warranty issues as much as possible and maintain factory ride.

Troop2865

Reaction score
My warranty ( I purchased the lifetime before they quit selling it) says it is limited to a two inch lift. It does not specify if it is a truck with the .ORG. The spacer I used measures just under two inches although it is listed as 2.5. You will want some new UCA’s made for the change in angle caused by the lift. The FCA lift is different and only adds one inch to the trucks with the ORG.

You are getting a lot more with the ORG than the 1 inch lift, and I think it is well worth it. You are getting the electronic rear locker, the skid plate protection package, tow hooks, off road valved shocks, and that pretty rear fender sticker LOL.

If you want to run 35’s, I would get the ORG with 3:92 gears and go 2-2 1/2 on the front with new UCA’s.

Just my thoughts. It has worked well for me as well as others. Depending on wheel offset, you may have to massage the inner fender with a heat gun. There is a whole write up on how to do that. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

rsonedecker

Reaction score
There are so many threads talking about this so I thought i would look for some recent insights. I am taking my truck in for a Tuff Country 2 inch level kit installed by Les Schwab. My truck has the off-road package.

Les Schwab said i shouldn't worry about needing new upper control arms, however, in reading options from others, i ordered the Mopar arms that come with the 2 inch Mopar lift kit. Should i move forward with the new arms or go with what Les Schwab advised and return them?

What size tires would you all recommend getting? with the added 2 inch on top of the 1 inch lift from the off road package?

Anyone get a kit installed from Les Schawb on their '19 yet? Opinions?

Thanks!
How much lift did the Tuff Country give you in the front?

Zmoney

Reaction score
2 inches. Front may be about 1/2 higher than front now

Users who are viewing this thread