5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they insist on 22” rims on limited?

wvinson

Reaction score
My '19 and current '22 Limited ride incredible on the 22s with the air suspension. I don't know how it could get any better .... and much better handling with the 22s!

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Literally the first time I've ever heard someone complain about how a limited rides

Perhaps because not many have owned/driven previous Rams with smaller rims for enough miles to make an accurate comparison.

My 23 Limited rides pretty good and if I'd never owned another Ram, I would think it rides fantastic for a pickup. However, it does not ride as nice as my last 2 Rams with 20 inch rims and rides much worse than my first Ram with 18 inch rims.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '19 and current '22 Limited ride incredible on the 22s with the air suspension. I don't know how it could get any better .... and much better handling with the 22s!

Slap some nice tires on 18 inch rims and you'll know how it can get much better.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The first thing I did when I got my truck was get rid of the 22s for 20s. The stock Limited wheels were hideous.
Couldn't agree more. I think the ugliest wheels that RAM has are the Limited 22's. I like the style of the Laramie 22's so much better, just wish they were 20 instead.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Waaaay too small for my taste with such a big truck -- looks like training wheels!
Not 18 inch tires, 18 inch wheels. Put 35s on it and you actually have tire with a sidewall.

With 22s you could use some spinner rims with the low rider tires for some real bling! Do some hydrolics and make the cholos proud heffe! 🤣

usedup

Reaction score
Currently looking to purchase a new truck in the next 2 weeks. Why does limited trim force you to get 22” rims!? What (if anything) is the benefit? I don’t get it - is it simply for the aesthetics?
Yes...and less gas mileage. Ask me how I know...lol.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
So if I don’t want to change the rims from the 22 inch, what would be a better tire to place on those ? Is there a 22 inch tire that has more sidewall? New rims plus new tires prices me out of my $ range.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if I don’t want to change the rims from the 22 inch, what would be a better tire to place on those ? Is there a 22 inch tire that has more sidewall? New rims plus new tires prices me out of my $ range.
you can fit a 285/55 with the help of a heat gun for the front liners. Also remember to upgrade spare when upsizing tires.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have to...... No way to resist.... Fighting it.....

A taller sidewall means a larger diameter tire. You are lucky the 3.21 gears allow you to haul groceries and a diaper bag now. Put larger tires on there and you will need to buy a truck with 3.92 gears to pull you around.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Waaaay too small for my taste with such a big truck -- looks like training wheels!

Nonsense

887387-1-2019-1500-ram-bds-air-suspension-method-nv-black.jpg

Mirowpl

Reaction score
I have to...... No way to resist.... Fighting it.....

A taller sidewall means a larger diameter tire. You are lucky the 3.21 gears allow you to haul groceries and a diaper bag now. Put larger tires on there and you will need to buy a truck with 3.92 gears to pull you around.
You just couldn’t resist, could you…lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you bought a limited and you can't afford rims and tires you might of purchased the wrong truck no offense.
Also you can resell your rims, so if you pick out what you want and then wait until you have a buyer for the rims (and wheels) it would offset a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread