5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First problem with 8.4

Davidbt

Reaction score
My wife and I took the kayaks to the lake today and I plugged my phone in to charge it for the most part. I didn't need directions and was listening to satellite radio. At some point the radio started switching back and forth between Android Auto and the XM satellite screen. We were on the lake for about a hour and then it started doing it on the way home. I guess I have a visit with the local dealer in my future.🤷

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My wife and I took the kayaks to the lake today and I plugged my phone in to charge it for the most part. I didn't need directions and was listening to satellite radio. At some point the radio started switching back and forth between Android Auto and the XM satellite screen. We were on the lake for about a hour and then it started doing it on the way home. I guess I have a visit with the local dealer in my future.🤷

Could it be the connection to Android auto was connecting and disconnecting. I had a similar issue when I used a USB wire to connect to my phone, it would connect and disconnect. I switched cables and fixed that, and since then switched to a wireless dongle which has been pretty reliable as well.

Try using a different cable if you are wired, see if that helps.

Davidbt

Reaction score
Could it be the connection to Android auto was connecting and disconnecting. I had a similar issue when I used a USB wire to connect to my phone, it would connect and disconnect. I switched cables and fixed that, and since then switched to a wireless dongle which has been pretty reliable as well.

Try using a different cable if you are wired, see if that helps.
Thanks, I was kind of leaning in that direction. I also didn't think to see it the cable has come loose from the plug in.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks, I was kind of leaning in that direction. I also didn't think to see it the cable has come loose from the plug in.

It's usually a good place to start, even if the connector is fine and snapping in good, it could be the wire internally, just over time that could happen.

I would grab a high quality cable and give it a try. It could also just be one of those things, they are all small computers and maybe something just got hung up and a on/off cycle of your audio system may have fixed it.

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Also check if the phone is trying to connect via Bluetooth instead of cable. Mine was doing that and I had to go into settings and disable it for car play

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online