5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift questions

Mav087

Reaction score
Will the RC 3.5 preloaded struts for a 5.7 work on a 3.6?

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I did the m1 lifted struts on mine and their tech support suggested I lower them by 1 notch. I was told the n3s would lift an extra half inch which would cause issues with the cv angles. After moving it down 1 notch I got exactly 3.5” of lift.

Morenar

Reaction score
Will the RC 3.5 preloaded struts for a 5.7 work on a 3.6?
Looks like they don’t. This was on the website
I did the m1 lifted struts on mine and their tech support suggested I lower them by 1 notch. I was told the n3s would lift an extra half inch which would cause issues with the cv angles. After moving it down 1 notch I got exactly 3.5” of lift.
That’s odd because RC website under notes say this
  • Replacement N3/M1 struts do NOT fit V6 models.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Looks like they don’t. This was on the website

That’s odd because RC website under notes say this
  • Replacement N3/M1 struts do NOT fit V6 models.
I called and they said if you use them as they come out of the box they will cause the front to be too high, but if you lower them 1 notch you will get the same lift as the v8. I’ve had them on my truck for about 8 months without issues, so I guess they do work. I gained exactly 3.5” with lowering the clip 1 notch

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely stick with the M1 over N3 version for better performance/ride.

Users who are viewing this thread