5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side mirror won't stay in locked position

Virii01

Reaction score
2020 with non power tow mirrors

A while back I bumped my passenger side mirror pretty good. I didn't think anything about it and moved it back into the centered "lock" position. It didn't snap in like it should and sits a few millimeters higher than the base now. It has full range of motion but won't stay in place. For example if I center it (not folded in or out) and hit the highway it slowly folds in about an inch due to the wind.

When I look on the small gap between the base and the mirror at the pivot point there seems to be a small bushing of sorts that moves with it when I pivot it that doesn't move on the driver's side.

Anyone fix this before or have steps on disassembly to fix? I found a few videos and articles but they are all for power mirrors and/or entire mirror replacement that requires taking the door panel off. I was hoping the base could stay out of I could just remove the mirror section to address the pivot point.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have auto fold? My mirrors do that and won't hold sometimes by hand but after cycling the auto fold in/out they lock in again.

Edit:Never mind I just saw you have non power mirrors.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you have auto fold, your gears are probably wearing out. I’ve had to change mine

Users who are viewing this thread