5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to desensitize throttle pedal?

dearmosd

Reaction score
I see gadgets to increase throttle response but is there a gadget to decrease pedal response, I fell from a dead stop or slow speeds the pedal is a little sensitive and make it feel like I am applying more throttle then I would like. It takes me certain effort to apply pressure to the pedal drastically slow to avoid taking off and making it seem like I am in a rush.

Or is this the nature of the Ram setup?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm surprised as the lag sucks on Mopar vehicles. You can use the same throttle controllers to turn it down as well. If you bought used, maybe someone already put one on the truck. I would look at your pedal connection to see if there is one hidden.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see gadgets to increase throttle response but is there a gadget to decrease pedal response, I fell from a dead stop or slow speeds the pedal is a little sensitive and make it feel like I am applying more throttle then I would like. It takes me certain effort to apply pressure to the pedal drastically slow to avoid taking off and making it seem like I am in a rush.

It learns how you use it. You could reset it by disconnecting the battery for 30 mins then let it relearn. You will need up give it 6 hours for all functions to come back.

Or get a Pedal Commander. You can actually select "less" sensitive profiles.

dearmosd

Reaction score
I am the second owner and was curious if someone modify it because it is really sensitive, so sensitive to the point where the wife drives the truck I am embarrassed as it looks like she is trying to hot rod around the neighbothood.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

As others mentioned, the same throttle controllers they use to increase sensitivity,.can also be used to reduce it. The Pulsar on economy mode does this, and I actually got 1.5mpg increase using economy mode when I had stock tires and suspension.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am the second owner and was curious if someone modify it because it is really sensitive, so sensitive to the point where the wife drives the truck I am embarrassed as it looks like she is trying to hot rod around the neighbothood.
Definitely check the pedal connection. They are not that sensitive from factory.

rick619

Reaction score
Also make sure the auto stop/start isn't causing the problem. I turn mine off every time I start the truck.

Gears could also be a factor if you have the 3.92. I test drove one and it was very quick to accelerate. The one I bought has 3.21 and is more subtle.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like the previous owner installed a pedal controller based on this comment.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you considered that she might be flooring it on purpose? Don't be fooled by the oops face

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I seem to always launch from a stop light due to the lag in the throttle response. The lack of movement when gassing it mentally tells me to give it more gas. At that point, it responds and I'm pulling away from everyone else. I think it's the lag causing you to apply more pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread