5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear spring swap instructions?

notaramowner

Reaction score
I have set of the Ram off-road springs to swap with my non off-road Ram springs. What is the easiest way to complete this task? I have seen videos and read about this job with different ways to complete it. Thanks for any advice.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Jack the rear of the truck up on a level surface, support the rear of the truck with jack stands, remove wheels, disconnect rear sway bar/shocks, lower rear axle till springs are "loose", swap springs (a prybar may be required), reverse of disassembly and torque all parts to spec. One thing to note (it may be negligible) but since you are changing the axles position within the arc of the panhard/track bar the axle will be shifted slightly off center.

notaramowner

Reaction score
Jack the rear of the truck up on a level surface, support the rear of the truck with jack stands, remove wheels, disconnect rear sway bar/shocks, lower rear axle till springs are "loose", swap springs (a prybar may be required), reverse of disassembly and torque all parts to spec. One thing to note (it may be negligible) but since you are changing the axles position within the arc of the panhard/track bar the axle will be shifted slightly off center.
Thanks. I asked because I have seen other videos where they disconnected several other things back there. I was hoping it could be done with what you suggested it.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Thanks. I asked because I have seen other videos where they disconnected several other things back there. I was hoping it could be done with what you suggested it.
The only other thing I can think of is the brake lines/electrical connections. I am 99.9% sure there is enough slack in those that you shouldn't stress them putting in those sprigs. That being said like everything else there are some variations from truck to truck so just keep an eye on that not to stress them if it looks tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/