5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone ever have a Telluride windshield replaced?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife's Telluride needs a windshield. They are saying after it's installed, we have to take it to a dealer for calibration.

Question: Is this true?

Is that what you guys are doing with your Rams? I've had 2 replaced on my Bighorn but I don't have the sensor tech for all the other jazz so mine did not require that.

Thanks!
KPP

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Moved to off-topic discussion

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have rain sensor, auto headlight, and front collision thing that i turned to warning only. No 360, no adaptive cruise.
no recalibration after glass replacement and everything works just like before.

Reverse

Reaction score
I had windshield on my Ram replaced. It did need calibrating, but the windshield guys did it themselves.

Find a different company to replace yours?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Safelite should do it. I would go to thier shop where they have equipment and other techs for advice if needed. From what I can tell the road guys are subcontractors. It is hit and miss with who you get.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had windshield on my Ram replaced. It did need calibrating, but the windshield guys did it themselves.

Find a different company to replace yours?
Why did it need calibrating? Had mine replaced 2 times and no calibration needed unless the shop screwed up.

No sure about the Kia though.
I would have it done by the dealership and let Kia outsource the glass install so they own the repair so if it's not right you aren't forced to go through a 3rd party and get dicked around for weeks. The glass companies have no damn idea how to work on these cars/trucks and half the time don't even have the proper tools.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the replies.

It's the Glass Doctor who I've used for the Ram and we called Safelite and they said the same.

She has all the bells and whistles so I'll make a few calls. She made the initial calls.

And I do believe blinker fluid is complimentary with every windshield replacement so I'm covered.

Nels

Reaction score
Straight answerr is Yes. My wife's Telluride needed a mirror and windshield after hittting a turkey. Took it to our favorite local body shop. Then to the Kia dealer for windshield calibration after installation.

Users who are viewing this thread