5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time Pickup Owner

Checker629

Reaction score
On Wednesday, I picked up a '24 Ram 1500 Limited at 20% off MSRP. Funny enough, that brought the price roughly in line with what the equivalent price would have been when the 5th gen was new in 2019. I'll take it.

Originally, I planned to wait until summer or fall to grab a '25 with the Hurricane. After seeing the fuel economy numbers, I changed my mind quickly and started looking around for '24s with the Hemi. Not only will I get similar mileage but the price savings was significant as I doubt we'll see heavy discounts on the '25s any time soon. I love a good inline six and while the performance of those engines will be great, I don't need to "fast" pickup. I do wish Ram made the HO an option on the Limited as I would have rather had the SO version on a top trim, had I gone that route.

The dealership I worked with had two '24s with virtually the same price- mine and a beautiful Red Night Edition with Ramboxes. Originally, i was going to go with the Red truck but I absolutely hate all black interiors and the Night Edition forces you into that. While I love the blacked out exterior, the Indigo/Sea Salt interior of the Elite package won me over, even enough for me to skip out on the Rambox option which I desperately wanted.

Overall, I love the truck so far with the exception of the tow mirrors which I'm not getting on with at all. Looking to possibly swap for the standard mirrors as I won't be towing anything bigger than a 5x9' trailer.

I traded in a '20 Telluride SX Prestige with 65k miles because I abused the rear cargo area hauling stuff around! I realized I needed something more rugged. That SUV treated me well and was great but the Ram feels so much more luxurious and is soooo smooth by comparison. My other vehicles are my real work truck, a 2007 Chevy Express and a '23 Camaro SS with a 6-speed

JRD

Reaction score
congrats! Also interested in pictures, especially the interior. Any mods on your mind?

Checker629

Reaction score
congrats! Also interested in pictures, especially the interior. Any mods on your mind?
I have a BAKflip MX4 Tonneau on order and I tinted the front windows. I'll probably do a cold air intake and that's about it. All my mods are on the Camaro!

ben b

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You and I share some similarities so I get where you are coming from. I don't need power for towing or hauling, don't care for black upholstery, love the Patriot blue color (was my 1st choice, but wife preferred the Ivory), etc. Now had my Ram for 3 years. I still love it, and if anything, appreciate it more than when I first brought it home. So smooth, quiet and easy to drive with room to carry everything we need. We've been on roadtrip after roadtrip to places we wouldn't have gone to without such a well thought out vehicle.

Wishing you a great experience with your brand new Limited!

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
On Wednesday, I picked up a '24 Ram 1500 Limited at 20% off MSRP. Funny enough, that brought the price roughly in line with what the equivalent price would have been when the 5th gen was new in 2019. I'll take it.

Originally, I planned to wait until summer or fall to grab a '25 with the Hurricane. After seeing the fuel economy numbers, I changed my mind quickly and started looking around for '24s with the Hemi. Not only will I get similar mileage but the price savings was significant as I doubt we'll see heavy discounts on the '25s any time soon. I love a good inline six and while the performance of those engines will be great, I don't need to "fast" pickup. I do wish Ram made the HO an option on the Limited as I would have rather had the SO version on a top trim, had I gone that route.

The dealership I worked with had two '24s with virtually the same price- mine and a beautiful Red Night Edition with Ramboxes. Originally, i was going to go with the Red truck but I absolutely hate all black interiors and the Night Edition forces you into that. While I love the blacked out exterior, the Indigo/Sea Salt interior of the Elite package won me over, even enough for me to skip out on the Rambox option which I desperately wanted.

Overall, I love the truck so far with the exception of the tow mirrors which I'm not getting on with at all. Looking to possibly swap for the standard mirrors as I won't be towing anything bigger than a 5x9' trailer.

I traded in a '20 Telluride SX Prestige with 65k miles because I abused the rear cargo area hauling stuff around! I realized I needed something more rugged. That SUV treated me well and was great but the Ram feels so much more luxurious and is soooo smooth by comparison. My other vehicles are my real work truck, a 2007 Chevy Express and a '23 Camaro SS with a 6-speed
Welcome - you have great taste :) Get some PPF on that front bumper asap. The paint on the bumper chips quickly ! I also had a full ceramic interior job done on that beautiful Indigo/sea salt !

Checker629

Reaction score
Welcome - you have great taste :) Get some PPF on that front bumper asap. The paint on the bumper chips quickly ! I also had a full ceramic interior job done on that beautiful Indigo/sea salt !
You're going to hate me but I'm anti PPF 😬.

Yup, I just applied some protectant on the whole cabin last night. Still requires regular cleaning but it helps keep stains from penetrating. I have white seats in my Camaro and they've held up fine with protectant I've applied and monthly cleaning.

Attachments

• 20240408_084259.jpg
    20240408_084259.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 8

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
You're going to hate me but I'm anti PPF 😬.
You are not going to like your nice painted front bumper in a few thousand miles either. Your purchase was dealer stock though right, so you had no choice, but you might wish it had the chrome ones.
I was not a fan of PPF either until i saw pics of unprotected Ram bumpers.

Checker629

Reaction score
You are not going to like your nice painted front bumper in a few thousand miles either. Your purchase was dealer stock though right, so you had no choice, but you might wish it had the chrome ones.
I was not a fan of PPF either until i saw pics of unprotected Ram bumpers.

In my experience, if a rock hits hard enough, it's going to mark whatever surface it impacts. Folks that I know who have PPF'd their performance cars end up replacing it every so often, especially the front once the film has been compromised. Unless you're driving a super exotic car, it's just not worth the price to me as a few rock chips aren't gonna affect resale that much. I usually keep my cars for about 4 years, none have been garage queens or babied and values never suffered. I do strip, polish and wax them every year though.

Users who are viewing this thread