5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlphaOBD Etorque settings

carl.net

Reaction score
Hello AlphaOBD gurus. I am new to the tool so still looking to find all of the available settings. I am now looking to adjust the etorque setting that change how quickly it shuts down the engine after you come to a stop. I would like to adjust it to 4 or 5 seconds after stop versus immediately after stop. Any idea where these settings reside in AlphaOBD for Android?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello AlphaOBD gurus. I am new to the tool so still looking to find all of the available settings. I am now looking to adjust the etorque setting that change how quickly it shuts down the engine after you come to a stop. I would like to adjust it to 4 or 5 seconds after stop versus immediately after stop. Any idea where these settings reside in AlphaOBD for Android?
Probably not an available option to change

carl.net

Reaction score
My use case has to do with the longevity of the system. At the moment when I come to a brief stop at a stop sign, in traffic, while waiting in car line, and when I get home while parking in the garage the engine shuts off for 1 second or less (approximately 20 to 25 times per trip). I want to adjust that to only shut off if I come to a stop for 3 to 4 seconds or more. By making this change the system will get significantly less use (think wear and tear) for something that is providing zero value (1 second or less shut down and restart). Obviously, I could just turn off the system each time I get into the car but that means I do not get any of its goodness with longer stops of 1 to 3 minutes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My use case has to do with the longevity of the system. At the moment when I come to a brief stop at a stop sign, in traffic, while waiting in car line, and when I get home while parking in the garage the engine shuts off for 1 second or less (approximately 20 to 25 times per trip). I want to adjust that to only shut off if I come to a stop for 3 to 4 seconds or more. By making this change the system will get significantly less use (think wear and tear) for something that is providing zero value (1 second or less shut down and restart). Obviously, I could just turn off the system each time I get into the car but that means I do not get any of its goodness with longer stops of 1 to 3 minutes.
What "wear and tear"? It uses the etorque generator/motor to rotate the engine to restart.

But I can definitely understand the annoyance with it happening as you describe

carl.net

Reaction score
What "wear and tear"? It uses the etorque generator/motor to rotate the engine to restart.

But I can definitely understand the annoyance with it happening as you describe
Any time a mechanical system goes from stopped to started, wear that is greater than its running state is generated. I want to reduce that wear.

Users who are viewing this thread