5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No FCW/ACC/LAS after CountryCode Change with AlfaObd

Chris Weigel

Reaction score
Hello Guys, at first I´am a new Member and my Name is Chris, i´am from Germany and 35years old.
I own some Rams, my Job is to Repair Cars, some Europeans and also Us Cars.
At the time i drive a 5th Generation 1500 Dodge Ram Laramie Sport with all the features.

I have a big Problem, most of my Special settings i do with alfaObd and had no Problems with it on my Gen4.
Now i got the Truck(Gen5) some Weeks ago, the Guy where i bought the Truck used it only with English,French and Spanish language.
He drove the Car since New and bought it here in Germany, Car was a Canada import.

Now my Main Problem:
I tryed to Change the Language and Country Code with AlfaObd(but i forgot to make a Copy from the BCM) now i have the Problem after i did the change, my FCW did not work in Display i have the service required Massage and all the othe assistance did not work(ACC, Lane Assist, FCW)too.
I tryed to find the fault in my BCM but its very special to find out where the BCM lost this information that it needs to make FCW working again.

Maybe somebody had same Problems or knows how to work on it.

I know that i also can ask the Dealership, but they dont know what to do here in Germany, they dont have so much Know How like in USA.

Best regards Chris

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever you changed, change it back to where it was then do a backup of the BCM in the original form, remake your changes and go from there to compare. If you changed something incorrectly, doing the same thing will get the same result. Email Alexey @ [email protected] and ask for assistance.

Chris Weigel

Reaction score
Hello Guys, at first I´am a new Member and my Name is Chris, i´am from Germany and 35years old.
I own some Rams, my Job is to Repair Cars, some Europeans and also Us Cars.
At the time i drive a 5th Generation 1500 Dodge Ram Laramie Sport with all the features.

I have a big Problem, most of my Special settings i do with alfaObd and had no Problems with it on my Gen4.
Now i got the Truck(Gen5) some Weeks ago, the Guy where i bought the Truck used it only with English,French and Spanish language.
He drove the Car since New and bought it here in Germany, Car was a Canada import.

Now my Main Problem:
I tryed to Change the Language and Country Code with AlfaObd(but i forgot to make a Copy from the BCM) now i have the Problem after i did the change, my FCW did not work in Display i have the service required Massage and all the othe assistance did not work(ACC, Lane Assist, FCW)too.
I tryed to find the fault in my BCM but its very special to find out where the BCM lost this information that it needs to make FCW working again.

Maybe somebody had same Problems or knows how to work on it.

I know that i also can ask the Dealership, but they dont know what to do here in Germany, they dont have so much Know How like in USA.

Best regards Chris

Whatever you changed, change it back to where it was then do a backup of the BCM in the original form, remake your changes and go from there to compare. If you changed something incorrectly, doing the same thing will get the same result. Email Alexey @ [email protected] and ask for assistance.
Thank you for the quick answer, i changed it back to the main form after i did somthing wrong but the fault is still there, i think he lost the Information about the FCW. But thanks for the email adress.

Users who are viewing this thread