5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just leveled and added spacer to my wheels

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Just leveled with 2.5 inch and added 2 inch wheel spacers
Love the stance

Stock rims and tires

Attachments

• IMG_5398.jpeg
    IMG_5398.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5401.jpeg
    IMG_5401.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5390.jpeg
    IMG_5390.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 112

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks nice man. What kind of headlights are those? In the first picture where your headlight jewels are lit, is that on DRL? I see you have the square LED border (halos) as well but I’m kinda digging just the jewels illuminated.

SouthFlo

Reaction score
Looks nice man. What kind of headlights are those? In the first picture where your headlight jewels are lit, is that on DRL? I see you have the square LED border (halos) as well but I’m kinda digging just the
I would go with a company called form lighting
And yes it comes with DRL, it’s about 1k for the set. I wanted to get rid of the halogen ones.

Here’s the link :

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

dlakeman

Reaction score
My neighbor wanted me to lift my 2024 RAM 2500 as well as add a push bar to the front bumper. He said my truck would look great. I use my truck for towing my 33' travel trailer. I don't go off-roading where I'd need a lift kit. I told my neighbor if I add what he suggested I'll be over the GVWR of the truck when I add the trailer tongue weight (810lbs.) In Nevada when I registered my truck I had to declare the GVWR. Let's say I go over that weight and I have an accident. If my insurance company adjuster decides I might be over the GVWR, and weighs my truck, I'm betting my insurance company will deny any claim because my truck was over the GVWR. If I wasn't towing with that additional 810lbs added to the truck's GVWR then adding lift kits, etc. shouldn't be a problem. I weigh my truck at a CAT Scale to ensure I'm not over the GVWR.

I used to be an "extreme" off roader. A lift kit doesn't add ground clearance. If you look at the lowest thing on the bottom of any vehicle it's usually the rear differential or the shock absorber lower mounting points. A lift kit doesn't raise the differential or shock mounting points any higher. Larger tires do the raising. So, if someone is adding a lift kit for looks, then great. If the purpose is for ground clearance, then a lift kit to allow larger tires is correct.

WACOKID

Reaction score
My neighbor wanted me to lift my 2024 RAM 2500 as well as add a push bar to the front bumper. He said my truck would look great. I use my truck for towing my 33' travel trailer. I don't go off-roading where I'd need a lift kit. I told my neighbor if I add what he suggested I'll be over the GVWR of the truck when I add the trailer tongue weight (810lbs.) In Nevada when I registered my truck I had to declare the GVWR. Let's say I go over that weight and I have an accident. If my insurance company adjuster decides I might be over the GVWR, and weighs my truck, I'm betting my insurance company will deny any claim because my truck was over the GVWR. If I wasn't towing with that additional 810lbs added to the truck's GVWR then adding lift kits, etc. shouldn't be a problem. I weigh my truck at a CAT Scale to ensure I'm not over the GVWR.

I used to be an "extreme" off roader. A lift kit doesn't add ground clearance. If you look at the lowest thing on the bottom of any vehicle it's usually the rear differential or the shock absorber lower mounting points. A lift kit doesn't raise the differential or shock mounting points any higher. Larger tires do the raising. So, if someone is adding a lift kit for looks, then great. If the purpose is for ground clearance, then a lift kit to allow larger tires is correct.
Pardon my question but how does a push bar set you over the GVWR? I can see if you were adding something like an in bed camper or something but I can't imagine a pushbar would add more weight than if you had 3 passengers in the vehicle while towing? I'm just curious how that would work, given what the tow rating is on a 2500?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pardon my question but how does a push bar set you over the GVWR? I can see if you were adding something like an in bed camper or something but I can't imagine a pushbar would add more weight than if you had 3 passengers in the vehicle while towing? I'm just curious how that would work, given what the tow rating is on a 2500?
Guessing he's talking the added weight from lift kit, plus heavier tires.

dlakeman

Reaction score
Thank you for asking for the clarification. As I re-read my post, I wasn't clear on what I meant. Let me clarify. The GVWR of my 2024 RAM 2500 is 10,000 lbs. The cargo and occupant carrying capacity is 2119 lbs. per the stickers on the driver's door jam. If you look at the RAM 2500/3500 Payload Capacity Chart it reads the payload for a 2024 RAM 2500 4x4 6'4" box is 2500 lbs. That capacity is not accurate for my truck due to the weight of the added factory options. Also, the Capacity Chart says the Towing Capacity for a "generic" RAM 2500 4x4 6'4" box is 20,000 lbs. That 20,000 lbs has nothing to do with the GVWR of my truck. My 33' travel trailer has a "generic" tongue weight of 810 lbs. Probably closer to 1000 lbs when I load up the trailer with all the "stuff" needed for camping. That 810 lbs added to the truck is subtracted from the 2119 lbs of cargo and occupant carry capacity, leaving 1309 lbs of fuel, people and "stuff" I can add to my truck without going over the 10,000 lb GVWR. I weigh 200 lbs. My wife weighs 130 lbs. My dog weighs 96 lbs. Thats another 426 lbs into the truck, which leaves 883 lbs I can add to the truck without going over 10,000 GVWR. Then there's the diesel fuel! I have a 31 gallon tank. At 7.1 lbs per gallon I have an additional weight of 220.1 lbs of fuel. I now have 663 lbs of "stuff" I can load into my truck without going over the 10,000lb GWVR. I haven't even counted the weight of the DEF. I carry a lot of "stuff" with me in the bed of the truck when I go camping, e.g. bottle jack, tools, folding steps for dog to get in back of truck, air compressor, grill, mats, etc. That "stuff" can quickly add up. Last time I weighed my truck, trailer attached to truck, me, wife, dog, and all the stuff I was right at 10,000 lbs. That told me the trailer tongue weight was way more than 810 lbs, notwithstanding I have a weight distribution hitch. Suppose I had added a lift kit, bigger wheels and tires, a push bar, different bumpers, etc. I'd be way over the 10,000lb GVWR, risking excessive wear on the truck transmission, wheel bearings, axles, bushings, etc., and on the handling capability when towing. I could be subjected to excessive trailer sway. Had that happen once with a correctly loaded truck and trailer. I don't want to experience trailer sway again. I also don't want any issues with an insurance claim should I have one.

If someone isn't towing a large trailer with a heavy tongue weight then adding lifts, wheels, tires, etc. is probably not going to put the truck over the GVWR.

I see people on the Interstate, at gas stations, at campgrounds, etc. with clearly over loaded trucks. They are putting themselves, their families, and other people on the road at risk. It really upsets me!

WACOKID

Reaction score
Gotcha. I was thinking on simpler terms but you are right to be mindful of it. I know I have a foot in the LS swap world for squarebody chevy's and older models and I see guys all the time adding one ton axles and springs with a cummins swap or a 6.0 LS swap and then they believe since they have swapped to the heavier running gear they have increased their towing capacity and always have to remind them that regardless of the upgrades that the tow capacity is rated by the VIN and not any upgrades they made so they could get into trouble while towing or if they have that accident.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@dlakeman FYI, your insurance company would probably cover the incident...BUT they would very likely then drop you like a hot potato and you may be looking at High Risk insurance rates...if you can find it at all. You're smart to err on the side of caution.

Users who are viewing this thread