5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I6 sound in the cab

MT755

Reaction score
Pumped in v8 sound over the speakers isn't for me. (Raptor) Maybe Stelantis could install super quiet mufflers. I know I will if I have to get a Hurricane. I will most likely install the quietest mufflers I can find if they don't.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its going to be just like the EcoBoost.... tuned to be nearly silent on the mainstream models, and tuned to at least sound like something on the specialty models (Raptor/RHO).
They know it is never going to sound like a V8, so no need to bother.

The in-cabin is the question. I turned off the fake engine noise on my EcoBoost and it was terrible to hear the actual engine noise. Turned it right back on.
Simple noise cancelation would be better.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2014 F150 doesn't have fake engine noise. I get to enjoy the natural ecoboost sound in all its glory. :poop: But to be honest I don't really notice it. It's pretty quiet.

dcchris311

Reaction score
It's going to sound amazing!! I enjoyed the exhaust note of my 3.0L BMW inside the cabin. Yes, I'm aware apple's to oranges, but none the less, still a I6. I can't wait to build an exhaust for these trucks.

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
Our Grand Wagoneer with the high output Hurricane is silent as can be on the inside, just the way I like it.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they really pipe in fake engine sounds? Imagine the shame of being an engineer forced to implement that. Imagine the wanking of managers thinking it's a good idea. Pity the shareholders watching their value slip away.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do they really pipe in fake engine sounds? Imagine the shame of being an engineer forced to implement that. Imagine the wanking of managers thinking it's a good idea. Pity the shareholders watching their value slip away.
Where have you been that you haven't seen this?

vdrsnk04

Reaction score
Actually there are lots of car brand manufacturers doing it, sadly lol. My 22 RS6 has it, which I find odd because it already has a twin turbo v8 that makes fun sounds lol.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You aint ever been in a parking lot?
EVs sound like they make whale noises.
Whale noises is perhaps the best description of EV’s sound that I’ve ever heard. I’ll never hear another EV in the parking lot again, only whale mating noise. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

MT755

Reaction score
I noticed that when I rented a jeep gc with the 4xe option. Not impressed.

Amazing93

Reaction score
I read a motor trend article today and they said no fake engine noises in the 25 Rams. They said the engine was virtually silent.

PetePA

Reaction score
I read a motor trend article today and they said no fake engine noises in the 25 Rams. They said the engine was virtually silent.
Thankfully. TBH, reading posts on this forum is the first time I've heard of car manufacturers creating artificial engine noises. I get there are folks that might appreciate the sound, but it seems very ridiculous to me. Just IMHO and I realize others may like the idea :).

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think its a) for test drive purposes (wow, that car really sounded great!) and 2) for bad-noise masking as a method that is cheaper for the MFR to meploy vs. a true noise cancelation strategy.

Average consumer does not like direct injection clatter, turbo whistle, or the rattle trap sound of a 4 popper.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
IDK about the I6 in the ram but I love the sound of my '68 dart with a 225 headers, Hooker aero chamber and the boom tube side exit so...

Users who are viewing this thread