5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 1500 Big Horn Starting issues

Joe1357

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m running into some issues starting my truck up (no pun intended). I’ve got a new battery in it (less than 1k miles), checked and disconnected/reconnected negative terminal - no luck. My key fob doesn’t work (lock/unlock/remote start) and the brake pedal won’t let me push it down when I attempt to start the truck. Additionally, nothing in the cab turns on except the cabin lights. on the push button “area” the off light is flickering on and off and not staying constantly on. Any advice? The truck is a 2021 1500 Big Horn w/ eTorque engine.

Thanks!

Joe1357

Reaction score
I did not, I checked the connections.

Thanks for clarifying

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m running into some issues starting my truck up (no pun intended). I’ve got a new battery in it (less than 1k miles), checked and disconnected/reconnected negative terminal - no luck. My key fob doesn’t work (lock/unlock/remote start) and the brake pedal won’t let me push it down when I attempt to start the truck. Additionally, nothing in the cab turns on except the cabin lights. on the push button “area” the off light is flickering on and off and not staying constantly on. Any advice? The truck is a 2021 1500 Big Horn w/ eTorque engine.

Thanks!
2020 Bighorn or 2021 Bighorn? Title says one thing and post says another. Probably doesn't matter.

Anyway, it sounds like a connection issue. Maybe a bad ground. Or a weak battery. These trucks as well as most modern vehicles do strange things when the battery is low.

Joe1357

Reaction score
The battery was drained - I saw some other threads mentioning a rear window leakage probably causing battery drain. I charged up the battery and the ignitioning switch is still not turning on / brake pedal is hard to push in.

Any ideas? I have an appointment at the dealer set for tomorrow; I’m hoping I won’t have to tow it to the yard.

Thanks!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check the fuse box under the hood. There is a row of threaded posts, check to see if any of the 10mm nuts are loose, or missing. There won't be one on N05
1000004977.jpg

Joe1357

Reaction score
Just checked it - everything is there and tight… confirmed my battery is at 100% charge. Still not letting my ignition turn on. The radio screen has gone on and off a few times while I was charging up the battery though

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Just checked it - everything is there and tight… confirmed my battery is at 100% charge. Still not letting my ignition turn on. The radio screen has gone on and off a few times while I was charging up the battery though
Time for a trip to the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread