5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reprogramming key after RF failure

Brady69

Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealership after the RF module got wet from a leaking 3rd brake light. Only 1 key works but the guy at the dealership said to put the key that doesn’t work in the “key pocket” in the truck and drive around for 10 mins and it will program itself. Have any of y’all heard of this?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealership after the RF module got wet from a leaking 3rd brake light. Only 1 key works but the guy at the dealership said to put the key that doesn’t work in the “key pocket” in the truck and drive around for 10 mins and it will program itself. Have any of y’all heard of this?
Guy at dealership is an idiot

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to have the non working key in your left pocket, functioning key not in the truck. Drive 10 minutes at 52mph. Turn truck off then hope it works.

It needs to be programmed to the new rfh, they should have told you this.

Brady69

Reaction score
You need to have the non working key in your left pocket, functioning key not in the truck. Drive 10 minutes at 52mph. Turn truck off then hope it works.

It needs to be programmed to the new rfh, they should have told you this.
Ahh I had the non working key in my right pocket instead of left that’s why it never worked lol. Bad thing is I asked and told him my key didn’t work and he told me that

Users who are viewing this thread