5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s causing this?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s normal, if you look at the lower control arm the nub is there to limit your steering.

Im sure someones a Harvard grad on here and can really go into detail more throughly.

E.Hands

Reaction score
This wear occurs when the steering wheel is at full lock and the suspension moves up and/or down.
It is normal but it is also a good reason to let off a little lock when maxed out.
Since the stops are located behind the axis, only the "inside" wheel hub rubs this way when at the end of it's swing stroke.

GMetal

Reaction score
I put them on 30k miles or so ago and the pads are almost still new. No braking hesitation, no vibrations or any issues to justify changing them so soon.
The pic makes them look all ground down. Never mind me!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put them on 30k miles or so ago and the pads are almost still new. No braking hesitation, no vibrations or any issues to justify changing them so soon.
You must be running an aggressive pad then, but I would definitely check those rotors as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online