5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homelink and 2 Dodges Canceling Each Other

Giattjos

Reaction score
So im just seeing this thread and curious if the final verdict to move other cars you dont want to reprogram far away to program a new homelink? My RAM works then my VW doesnt, then i set the VW and my RAM doesnt.
For me i found out my garage opener only has enough memory for 7 programmable openers. I had forgotten i had too many, previous cars, so i to clear the memory and start over. Reprogrammed my current cars and openers and all my issues were solved.

irishwake63

Reaction score
keep in mind that homelink does not need the key to operate so if your truck is parked outside and someone gains entry they can open the garage door and possibly gain entrance into your house

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
keep in mind that homelink does not need the key to operate so if your truck is parked outside and someone gains entry they can open the garage door and possibly gain entrance into your house
That's wild, but for Ram sounds about right with how terrible their security is.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's wild, but for Ram sounds about right with how terrible their security is.
The same goes for any built in garage door openers in any vehicle. My wife's 2020 Traverse will open and close garage door without the key even being close to the vehicle. I park my vehicles in the garage, and have security system in the house.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Not if your trucks security system is enabled. It would not be smart to park your truck outside your house with the doors unlocked.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 142839.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 142731.png

Screenshot 2024-03-25 142758.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The same goes for any built in garage door openers in any vehicle. My wife's 2020 Traverse will open and close garage door without the key even being close to the vehicle. I park my vehicles in the garage, and have security system in the house.
Not Audi. The garage door opener control is part of the infotainment system so you have to have a fob and turn on the car in order to open the garage door. Kind of a pain at first but now that I'm used to it I only swear about it a couple times a month. I suspect there are other car brands that handle it like similarly.

Users who are viewing this thread