5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New wheels and tires, TPMS not working

Giattjos

Reaction score
I have a 2022 2500 and swapped the stock 18” rims for the RAM 20” black rims taken off another 2500. My tpms shows all 0 for all 4 tires. I drove for 25 miles no change. Im pretty sure rhey have the sensors but havent actually checked. Do these need to be reprogrammed? Or is there a reset that you have to do when changing tires? Anyone have knowledge of this? They are RAM takeoffs.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 2500 and swapped the stock 18” rims for the RAM 20” black rims taken off another 2500. My tpms shows all 0 for all 4 tires. I drove for 25 miles no change. Im pretty sure rhey have the sensors but havent actually checked. Do these need to be reprogrammed? Or is there a reset that you have to do when changing tires? Anyone have knowledge of this? They are RAM takeoffs.

Did the seller actually confirm they kept the factory TPMS on the set you purchased?

It's honestly rare that take-offs would still have the TPMS. Most people selling take-offs have removed the TPMS to install on their new set of wheels.

I believe the manual states this...."The vehicle may need to be driven for up to 20 minutes above 15 mph (24 km/h) in order for the TPMS to receive this information." If you have, then you likely don't have sensors in there, there is no programming needed. Go to Discount Tire/American Tire, they can scan and see if you have sensors.

Giattjos

Reaction score
TPMS started working after a few starts. Guess they needed more time to acclimate.

Users who are viewing this thread