5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEED QUICK ADVICE Please - Transmission fluid level checking.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I sent both the service doc and the "green" picture, which are the instructions for a new ZF tranny that you might order from your dealer. I asked ZF if they would clarify the difference between the two docs. My current working theory is that new transmission installations may require more fluid at first, which would in fact happen if the tranny itself was level vs. the vehicle being level. We'll see if they respond. I'm still just trying to figure it out.

popcenator

Reaction score
FWIW, I sent both the service doc and the "green" picture, which are the instructions for a new ZF tranny that you might order from your dealer. I asked ZF if they would clarify the difference between the two docs. My current working theory is that new transmission installations may require more fluid at first, which would in fact happen if the tranny itself was level vs. the vehicle being level. We'll see if they respond. I'm still just trying to figure it out.
Did you ever hear back?

popcenator

Reaction score
I also emailed and got this response from ZF who stated you do not need to level the transmission. 1000000257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread