5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi to Hurricane

MT755

Reaction score
What we gained vs what we lost. MPG are the same 5.7=3.0 HO & 6.4=3.0 HO. The 6.4 wasn't available un the 1500 so we now have a high hp option.

Emissions: lower with the Hurricane... this will make some happy.

We lost the sound and simplicity of v8.

At least they didn't take the v8 and had the same or lower hp.

It could have been worse.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The dealers in my area don't really have a ton of Rams at least half tons. Inventory maybe half of what it used to be before covid. Now the Jeep side of the lot is a bit over flowing.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What we gained vs what we lost. MPG are the same 5.7=3.0 HO & 6.4=3.0 HO. The 6.4 wasn't available un the 1500 so we now have a high hp option.

Emissions: lower with the Hurricane... this will make some happy.

We lost the sound and simplicity of v8.

At least they didn't take the v8 and had the same or lower hp.

It could have been worse.
Gained performance, and gained potential for more performance easier with just a tune.

Anyone that has owned a turbo vehicle probably enjoys this option. Unless they had a bad experience, but that goes for any vehicle.

The SO has slightly better fuel mileage, overall.
The HO has worse, when compared to the 5.7, but as you pointed out, it's more comparable to the 6.4, so still better fuel mileage.

The Hemi definitely wasn't "simple" with the etorque and MDS, the Hurricane really isn't complicated either. Maybe the turbos intimidate you? Or is it the direct injection?

Sound is subjective. While I love a good V8 rumble, not having it won't be a deal breaker as long as the performance is better.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealers in my area don't really have a ton of Rams at least half tons. Inventory maybe half of what it used to be before covid. Now the Jeep side of the lot is a bit over flowing.
That's due to a short 2024 production run, and delays with the 2025s

MT755

Reaction score
Gained performance, and gained potential for more performance easier with just a tune.

Anyone that has owned a turbo vehicle probably enjoys this option. Unless they had a bad experience, but that goes for any vehicle.

The SO has slightly better fuel mileage, overall.
The HO has worse, when compared to the 5.7, but as you pointed out, it's more comparable to the 6.4, so still better fuel mileage.

The Hemi definitely wasn't "simple" with the etorque and MDS, the Hurricane really isn't complicated either. Maybe the turbos intimidate you? Or is it the direct injection?

Sound is subjective. While I love a good V8 rumble, not having it won't be a deal breaker as long as the performance is better.
Tech doesn't scare me. I embrace it. There is more to go wrong with the Hurricane. I do appreciate the simplicity of the strait 6 vs a v6. It would be interesting to compare under the hood of a ford v6 ecoboost to a Hurricane. My next TRX will most likely have some version of the Hurricane. Maybe they will put 2 Hurricanes together to form a v12 with 1100 hp. LOL

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tech doesn't scare me. I embrace it. There is more to go wrong with the Hurricane. I do appreciate the simplicity of the strait 6 vs a v6. It would be interesting to compare under the hood of a ford v6 ecoboost to a Hurricane. My next TRX will most likely have some version of the Hurricane. Maybe they will put 2 Hurricanes together to form a v12 with 1100 hp. LOL
They already have a Hurricane that can make over 1000hp. Supposed to be available for the drag pack Chargers

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Never going to be available for purchase, like the other 1k hp crate engines they claim to make.
I know one person who has bought a Hellephant if that's the engine you are talking about

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You think you guys are twisted up. The Cummins crew is up in arms over the rumor the SO will be dropped. Currently they're close enough in mileage, depending who you ask and how they drive. My HO is horrible unloaded. Loaded probably the same and it pulls and stops (exhaust brake) harder.

The next release of the Cummins HO will have to up Ford's curent 500HP/1200 lb.ft HO. I'm calling 525/1275. :)

Back to your regularly scheduled Hurricane thread.

MT755

Reaction score
What will the next trx have for a powertrain? 6.2 guys want to know..... me?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What will the next trx have for a powertrain? 6.2 guys want to know..... me?
There isn't a TRX. There is the RHO with the Hurricane HO I6.
Yup, the upcoming RHO will be first. Probably tailored to take on the regular Raptor and its Egoboost.

Rumor mill is small displacement twin turb V8 coming in a couple years, maybe in a revised TRX, but I'm sure the Stellantis mothership in Europe will kill it. Next TRX-level power will probably come from a hybrid combo with the HO I6, unless they think they can create an off-road electric Ramcharger or REV.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, the upcoming RHO will be first. Probably tailored to take on the regular Raptor and its Egoboost.

Rumor mill is small displacement twin turb V8 coming in a couple years, maybe in a revised TRX, but I'm sure the Stellantis mothership in Europe will kill it. Next TRX-level power will probably come from a hybrid combo with the HO I6, unless they think they can create an off-road electric Ramcharger or REV.
Ive heard they are working on a hydrogen powered V8

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have been a Mopar Man all my life and Im strongly considering a Toyota for my next truck for just this reason.

Say what you will, but if I am going to drive a 1500, I want a V8. Period, full stop.

Do you hear me, Stellanis? Nah, they dont give a s***.
Ummm...I got news for you....

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk

MT755

Reaction score
There isn't a TRX. There is the RHO with the Hurricane HO I6.
The Stelantis rep said there would most likely be a new TRX a few years from now and in the meantime there will have the RHO

Users who are viewing this thread