5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New replacement battery

bnh105

Reaction score
I was going to get a h7 agm to replace my stock battery, but I heard some people upgraded to a h8, is that the better option to go with?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We went with an H8 AGM on the eTorque in the family and have not had an issue since. Highly recommended by several on this forum...

bnh105

Reaction score
it fit without issue ? And which model did you go with?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was going to get a h7 agm to replace my stock battery, but I heard some people upgraded to a h8, is that the better option to go with?
more cold cranking power

when the time comes for me I am not even messing with any warranty just going to this;

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are Interstate batteries good? I use to only use Die Hard until Sears went away more or less.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I have had great luck with interstate batteries, use them in my camper, wife's car and my last 3 Silverado's. Will put a H8 in my Ram after winter.
Tom

Jopipe17

Reaction score
There's a plastic spacer that need to be removed and the H8 will drop in. The tray was made for an H8 but they put the H7 and a spacer to save a buck.
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 bighorn, I seen that little plastic piece your talking about. So if I remove that piece a H8 (xs power D4900) will drop right in place like it was meant for it? Jus wanted to make sure before I bought the 4900👊

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 bighorn, I seen that little plastic piece your talking about. So if I remove that piece a H8 (xs power D4900) will drop right in place like it was meant for it? Jus wanted to make sure before I bought the 4900👊
Yes. That's all you have to do. Be aware that the battery blanket won't fit. The right number is in this thread.

Jopipe17

Reaction score
Yes. That's all you have to do. Be aware that the battery blanket won't fit. The right number is in this thread.
Awesome, good to know. Gonna go ahead and get that xs powerD4900 then since it's an H8. Yea I figured the sleeve wouldn't fit the h8 battery. Thanks alot appreciate the help 🙏

Fastxn

Reaction score
New to the forum. So glad I found it. The information on the different battery types was really helpful. I was about to get the H7 and didn't realize the H8 was compatible. Ordered online from Wal-Mart and got the H8 AGM . AGM was $20 more and the same price $169, as the H7. Battery says made in Germany. That was a plus. Took out the little spacer, dropped it in, cut a slit on the insulation mat so it would slip on, and put it all back together. Thanks for the great info!

Jopipe17

Reaction score
New to the forum. So glad I found it. The information on the different battery types was really helpful. I was about to get the H7 and didn't realize the H8 was compatible. Ordered online from Wal-Mart and got the H8 AGM . AGM was $20 more and the same price $169, as the H7. Battery says made in Germany. That was a plus. Took out the little spacer, dropped it in, cut a slit on the insulation mat so it would slip on, and put it all back together. Thanks for the great info!
Nice which agm h8 did you go with? I was looking at the xs titan 8 s5 4900 h8 battery, all h8 batteries should be the same dimensions you think? I believe the titan 8 I'm looking at is 13.90 x 7.48 x 6.93

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice which agm h8 did you go with? I was looking at the xs titan 8 s5 4900 h8 battery, all h8 batteries should be the same dimensions you think? I believe the titan 8 I'm looking at is 13.90 x 7.48 x 6.93
Yes, the H8 designation is for the size. It's a universal standard, so they should all be the same size and base design

Users who are viewing this thread