5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canadian UConnect 5 to US

SteelCityRags

Reaction score
So I recently upgraded my Ram to a ‘22 Rebel with the 12” UConnect 5 system. The only issue that I’ve had is that the truck was originally a Canadian vehicle that had since been brought to the States and sold so the Ram Connect services and SiriusXM features are for the Canadian market. I’m currently working with Ram Connect to have the VIN reclassified as a US vehicle but even after a factory reset the SiriusXM features are still trying to logon to the Canadian counterpart.
Would a dealership be able to flash the system to the US version of UConnect 5 or a factory reset when it’s reclassified as a US vehicle solve the issue???
Has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks!

oe542bob

Reaction score
I can’t answer your question but if this is a Canadian truck, you won’t have any US warranty.

SteelCityRags

Reaction score
I can’t answer your question but if this is a Canadian truck, you won’t have any US warranty.

It was previously a fleet vehicle in Canada so the warranty transferred, got the paperwork to show it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widerider

Reaction score
Same / Similar Situation - got everything transferred to the US Mopar Center but have yet to try getting XM .
Incredibly disappointing to discovers these issues due to it being a Canadian Truck.
Very curious - where'd you buy your truck ?
My servicing told me there is no issue with the factory warranty -
Your dealer should be able to help you -
Good Luck !!

Users who are viewing this thread