5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025's question

dajogejr

Reaction score
When I used to work over at 10 Mile and Ryan in Warren, MI… I’d see the new trucks rolling down the road all the time.
They had a loop. The place that did (don’t know if it still does) stuff like adding side steps, spray in bedliner…those are all done off site (or were at that time). This was before the gen 5 that are being built in Sterling Heights (which, I also now work by…lol). I used to see truck after truck. I had mine built/custom ordered in 2015…so I paid extra attention as I tried to catch a glimpse of mine going down the road (and obviously not much of a chance of that happening…lol)
I remember I’d see those lime green RAMs, 5 to 10 at a time going down 10 mile.

They’re probably trying to figure out what kind of oil to put in them, that’s gotta be the hold up.
What, too soon? Doesn’t everybody like a good oil thread… ROFL.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
We've got:

41 of them at body vendor (meaning done with inspection)
35 in Inspection
9 in Production
52 Scheduled to be built between now and 4/1

now all of those are either Bighorn or Laramie though
Anthony,
Have you guys gotten any build dates / Vin's yet for the limited or tungsten models for your dealership?
just curious.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I used to work over at 10 Mile and Ryan in Warren, MI… I’d see the new trucks rolling down the road all the time.
They had a loop. The place that did (don’t know if it still does) stuff like adding side steps, spray in bedliner…those are all done off site (or were at that time). This was before the gen 5 that are being built in Sterling Heights (which, I also now work by…lol). I used to see truck after truck. I had mine built/custom ordered in 2015…so I paid extra attention as I tried to catch a glimpse of mine going down the road (and obviously not much of a chance of that happening…lol)
I remember I’d see those lime green RAMs, 5 to 10 at a time going down 10 mile.

They’re probably trying to figure out what kind of oil to put in them, that’s gotta be the hold up.
What, too soon? Doesn’t everybody like a good oil thread… ROFL.
That was Dodge City, where gen 4s, and classics were still built, until recently.

pensfan

Reaction score
The wheels look terrible, and so do the tail lights. I am also not a fan of the front grille/ fascia, and the huge chrome R-A-M letters on the tailgate are hideous.

IMO this is a big step back in the aesthetics department. It looks like they made a bunch of changes just for the sake of making changes. It somehow looks more outdated to me than the 19-24s. Just my opinion of course.
The tailgate billboard was unnecessary. If I was buying one the letters would be switched to black to mute them. The simple Ram badge worked great for years. They spend money on adding these instead of reducing the price or not charging for paint colors. The grill has a time proven answer, go back to the crosshair. Instead Ram wants a rolling sign board on the road.
The wheels look fine to me. They look to be black with machined edges. I'll bet they will look fine in person. These would look great on a Ram with all the other trim blacked out. Just a touch of bright.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tailgate billboard was unnecessary. If I was buying one the letters would be switched to black to mute them. The simple Ram badge worked great for years. They spend money on adding these instead of reducing the price or not charging for paint colors. The grill has a time proven answer, go back to the crosshair. Instead Ram wants a rolling sign board on the road.
The wheels look fine to me. They look to be black with machined edges. I'll bet they will look fine in person. These would look great on a Ram with all the other trim blacked out. Just a touch of bright.
I like the badge but if they have to use letters, It would be nice if they could stamp the letters in the sheet metal like every other brand does now. The big stuck on letters looks a little cheap.

6of36

Reaction score
I like the badge but if they have to use letters, It would be nice if they could stamp the letters in the sheet metal like every other brand does now. The big stuck on letters looks a little cheap.
It looks like they are stamped in. If you look at the 360 view, and click it to turn, they appear raised. I actually like the word better than the emblem, but I get the multi tailgate, and it doesn't have them.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

That would be a good idea, and not make them so large. Even a Ram is the corner would do just fine or at the very least just use double sided tap like a million other cars have so they can be debadged by a selective few.

PetePA

Reaction score
12,424 - Total 2025 Ram 1500 listed on Ram website as of 8:30pm 3/19 (being build, in transit or dealer lot)
13,270 - Total 2025 Ram 1500 listed on Ram website as of 5:30am 3/21 (being built, in transit or dealer lot)

Magredvet

Reaction score
At least the fender flares are back.
Yeah I'm p1ssed about that.........I bought a 24 cos I wanted another Hemi (even though I was forced to get etorque), but they cheaped out by removing the flares on 23's and 24's only to bring them back on 25's............ just can't win.............although I'm glad I got the 24 as I really don't like the styling changes............. woulda kept my 19, except I'm sure it was due for it's rear window/HMSL leak and manifold crack/lifter failure..............:D....

pensfan

Reaction score
Looking at this picture, the letters appear to be just stuck on like they were on the Rebel for years. If this is the case and I would buy a '25, the letters would be removed and replaced with the badge. Looks better to me and cheaper than paying almost $300 for the black letters.

Attachments

• 25 ram sport back.jpg
    25 ram sport back.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 21

RedFred

Reaction score
The few changes they made look horrible. The wheels are hideous and cheap looking. For many of us that drive these trucks as daily drivers and don't really need a truck, looks go a long way in what truck I like. I have been saying this for awhile, but Ram needs to come out with more appearance packages for their trucks to give them a different look. So many guys that I know drive a Ram 1500 with the Night package. Why do I want to spend $70k plus just to drive another truck that is the same thing everyone else has been driving for the last few years? And these changes to the 2025, just seem like a step backwards.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Looking at this picture, the letters appear to be just stuck on like they were on the Rebel for years. If this is the case and I would buy a '25, the letters would be removed and replaced with the badge. Looks better to me and cheaper than paying almost $300 for the black letters.

The letters can be removed, but you would need to fill in 19 holes in your tailgate.

C8A69395-78A1-49D8-A380-6069AF9EEBF8.jpeg

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I'm p1ssed about that.........I bought a 24 cos I wanted another Hemi (even though I was forced to get etorque), but they cheaped out by removing the flares on 23's and 24's only to bring them back on 25's............ just can't win.............although I'm glad I got the 24 as I really don't like the styling changes............. woulda kept my 19, except I'm sure it was due for it's rear window/HMSL leak and manifold crack/lifter failure..............:D...
Yes even the big horn gets flares this year along with standard wheel liners.

Users who are viewing this thread