5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 inch lift with 35s rubbing on reverse

msnyder1112

Reaction score
Just got an RC 6 inch lift snd 35/12.50r20 installed on 20x10 -25 wheels.
On reverse, almost at full lock it starts rubbing.
Has anyone cut/molded the inner well liners for this that could give me some advice? I think its the inner most flap, but I’m not entirely sure.

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 28

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Just got an RC 6 inch lift snd 35/12.50r20 installed on 20x10 -25 wheels.
On reverse, almost at full lock it starts rubbing.
Has anyone cut/molded the inner well liners for this that could give me some advice? I think its the inner most flap, but I’m not entirely sure.
Turn the wheel to lock, get under and look. Should see it.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Ah i got you brother. Yeah im too poor to afford a 6 inch lift and id never buy RC anything for lift/level but i will say its pretty abnormal to my knowledge of any rubbing with your tire size, offset, and lift. so id just get a under and check it out man

msnyder1112

Reaction score
Ah i got you brother. Yeah im too poor to afford a 6 inch lift and id never buy RC anything for lift/level but i will say its pretty abnormal to my knowledge of any rubbing with your tire size, offset, and lift. so id just get a under and check it out man
Thanks. This is my first big lift, but I had a smaller one on a 2011 RAM and most recently had a 3.5 inch. Never had any issues with their quality.
Actually just got a bed cover from them and I overtigjtened one of the brackets. Called to try to order a new bracket and they sent me one free, with rush shipping. Very pleased with their customer service.

My point, don’t get hung up on people ragging on them. It seems a lot of the RC haters are fortunate enough to afford the big dog lifts and never actually experienced one of their lifts. I did lots of research before going with them originally and when you hear from actual users, there isn’t a lot of complaints.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell but it looks like you still have the little "mud" flap. Remove that and try again.

I don't have wheels or lift as aggressive as yours but I do have 35x12.5 on a 2.5 level and I don't rub.

msnyder1112

Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell but it looks like you still have the little "mud" flap. Remove that and try again.

I don't have wheels or lift as aggressive as yours but I do have 35x12.5 on a 2.5 level and I don't rub.
That was it! It still seems really close but doesnt rub.
Do you know if anyone makes a replacement rocker cover that doesnt have the “mud flap” part?

JRD

Reaction score

I also have a level and same wheel size and had minimal trimming. Surprising a 6” lift would have rubbing since I didn’t notice any in OR2

JRD

Reaction score
That was it! It still seems really close but doesnt rub.
Do you know if anyone makes a replacement rocker cover that doesnt have the “mud flap” part?
Just trim the mudflap with a dremel, it will take you 5 min. I just did mine yesterday

msnyder1112

Reaction score
I also have a level and same wheel size and had minimal trimming. Surprising a 6” lift would have rubbing since I didn’t notice any in OR2
Yeah I’m not sure why some do rub and some don’t. Just curious how close does your wheel come to the mudflap area when turning?

JRD

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure why some do rub and some don’t. Just curious how close does your wheel come to the mudflap area when turning?
For me, it actually rubbed up against the mud flap area. For reference I trimmed (the inside) just past the push tab inward. I can try to get a photo if you want. Also, I believe the reason some do and don’t is related to offset as well?

Users who are viewing this thread