5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does navigation expire after 5 years ?

yellowboy

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that navigation is only good for 5 years after a new purchase. What happens after that ? I have a 2019 5th generation. I have never bought an update.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that navigation is only good for 5 years after a new purchase. What happens after that ? I have a 2019 5th generation. I have never bought an update.
The navigation doesn't expire. But traffic alerts and fuel prices do. And you are already at he point where you can't search by POI, and will need to enter the address, unless you pay for subscription.

akaTheDude

Reaction score
Kinda wild to think that these OEs still want to charge for this. With all the apps via Apple Car Play that are free and these jokers are still trying to charge for theirs...hard pass.
I was kinda shocked when my 2024 still had the option to buy a plan from AT&T to use the onboard cell service lol

Users who are viewing this thread