5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ADDING OEM VENTED FRONT SEATS TO 1500 COMPLETE HOW-TO

jhdiehl6

Reaction score
This is the first post for my complete, start-to-finish process of adding the OEM ventilated seats to my 2023 1500 Rebel. I have been looking through all of the forums and there are a few posts spread around that contain some little snippets of the required info sprinkled around and I'm going to attempt to compile it all in one place. To my knowledge, this process will work for any trim level of 1500 but some may require more work and modification than others. This conversion will be completed on a 2023 1500 Rebel with the 12" screen, Uconnect 5 software, and the upgraded black perforated leather interior. I will be updating this thread with pictures and the whole process I go through to accomplish this.

To start off, there are two ways of going about this. The easy way is to find a set of front seats from a Limited or Laramie 1500 and bolt those directly into your cab and plug them in. Then with a little help from ALPHAOBD, you should be able to program the controls right into your head unit and use them as if they came from the factory. However, in this case, I am too set in my "Rebel" ways and don't want to get rid of my cool "Rebel" stitching on the inboard bolster of my seats (Petty I know). Also, I have heard that the "non-ventilated" seats are marginally more comfortable than just the regular heated seats and for me, that is enough to want to use my existing hardware. I am also trying to see if I can get these done for just a litttttle cheaper.

At this point in time, I have what I believe to be all of the required parts on order (Listed Below). It should be noted that both the Driver and Passenger seat must both be completed in order for the ventilation to function.

STEP 1. ALPHA OBD: For the time being while I wait on the parts to arrive, I worked on flashing the 12 inch display to allow for the vented seat controls. For ALPHAOBD, some sort of Android device is required to download the ALPHAOBD software. I went with at cheap used Samsung tablet from amazon. From there you will also need a way to connect through the OBD port under the dash. The one I would recommend is the OBDLink MX+. This is listed below as well. Lastly, you will need a way to bypass the security gateway in your RAM. For this I used the one from Zautomotive.
To begin this journey, I decided to tackle the software first while I wait on parts. For this, you have to plug in the OBDlink, install the security bypass, and then connect the OBD link to the ALPHAOBD software via bluetooth. From there, you will connect to the correct computer. To do this, Click on 1500 >> Body Computer >> (your vehicle year) Powernet. From there you will click on the car with the open Hood in the bottom right of the app, then select "CAR CONFIGURATION CHANGE" toward the bottom. From there you will select "MEMORY: ventilated seat present". Select the value to "YES". After that Scroll to "ECUCONFIG 3 Vented Seats Preset" and select the value to "YES". From there, after you deep cycle your truck (it took me about 20 mins) , It should display the options to turn on the vented seats next to the heated seat options. I have heard that it can take up to a couple days for these options to populate on your screen. I dont quite understand why this is but mine worked after I just left it alone for a while.

As of now 3/7/2024, this is all I have completed in the process. I will be updating this thread with the process of my install and programming. I am expecting parts to be here in about a week or so.

Cheers Friends!

ALPHA OBD Interface Parts
OBDlink MX+
Some sort of Android Tablet
ALPHA OBD Software
Zautomotive Security Bypass

List of Parts Required:
Seat Cushion Blower (x2): 68552533AA
Seat Back Blower (x2): 68552534AA
Seat Cushion Vent Bag (x2): 68552530AA
Seat Back Vent Bag (x2): 68552531AA
Seat Cushion Wiring Harness Driver: 68489602AA
Seat Cushion Wiring Harness Passenger: 68489611AA
Seat Back Wiring Harness Driver: 68294523AD
Seat Back Wiring Harness Passenger: 68294525AD

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
this is something i want to tackle!
kind of bummed that both front seats need to be done for it to work though... doubling the work lol

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is great. I have front vented seats and they’re absolutely a must have for me in any future truck purchase.

That said, I’m considering a RHO in the future without the Level 1 package, so I’m starting to explore costs to manually install vented seats in that case.

A couple of questions:
Do you have a final tally on cost to do this, assuming you do it yourself without incurring labor costs?

Do the non-vented seats have perforations for air flow?

Users who are viewing this thread