5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color Matched Mirror Covers

Belial9112

Reaction score
I have chrome bumper/grille and color matched door handles on my 2022, but it has the basic black plastic mirrors and they simply look awful when the entire vehicle is either white or chrome. I’d like to find some mirror covers that are pre-painted to the “bright white” color and will just stick on but Mopar only offers color matched mirror covers for the upgraded mirrors with the turn signal, blind spot sensors, and more. I looked at simply changing mirrors and getting the OEM part but it’s not simple and requires a taillight swap as well.

Does anybody know of any “bright white” color matched mirror covers for the basic heated/powered mirrors?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have chrome bumper/grille and color matched door handles on my 2022, but it has the basic black plastic mirrors and they simply look awful when the entire vehicle is either white or chrome. I’d like to find some mirror covers that are pre-painted to the “bright white” color and will just stick on but Mopar only offers color matched mirror covers for the upgraded mirrors with the turn signal, blind spot sensors, and more. I looked at simply changing mirrors and getting the OEM part but it’s not simple and requires a taillight swap as well.

Does anybody know of any “bright white” color matched mirror covers for the basic heated/powered mirrors?
I thought the painted oem covers you can find sold on eBay would work on all of the mirrors.

Belial9112

Reaction score
I thought the painted oem covers you can find sold on eBay would work on all of the mirrors.
Nope, the OEM ones on the actual Mopar parts list at the dealership only show factory painted covers for the ones with a turn signal cut out. Which would require me to change mirrors to the blind spot assist mirrors. A whole expensive and stupid process.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Nope, the OEM ones on the actual Mopar parts list at the dealership only show factory painted covers for the ones with a turn signal cut out. Which would require me to change mirrors to the blind spot assist mirrors. A whole expensive and stupid process.
Blind spot is in the glass, not on the outside of the housing, that’s just the turn signal on the outside

Belial9112

Reaction score
Blind spot is in the glass, not on the outside of the housing, that’s just the turn signal on the outside
Yeah, which pissed me off because apparently you cannot just order the mirrors with ONLY the turn signal, you HAVE to get blind spot if you want the turn signal.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Yeah, which pissed me off because apparently you cannot just order the mirrors with ONLY the turn signal, you HAVE to get blind spot if you want the turn signal.
That’s weird because my truck came with turn signals and I added blind spot. Stock it was heated and dimming on drivers side only with turn signals. I thought that’s how most of them were. Do you maybe have the towing mirrors? Maybe those are different?

Belial9112

Reaction score
That’s weird because my truck came with turn signals and I added blind spot. Stock it was heated and dimming on drivers side only with turn signals. I thought that’s how most of them were. Do you maybe have the towing mirrors? Maybe those are different?
Not 100% on all of the details of it, I was looking through the dealership’s computer at the parts but neither myself or the parts manager were able to find anything that had turn signals WITHOUT the blind spot assist on the 2022 1500s, I currently have the regular heated mirrors that aren’t towing but they bother me given the fact that everything is color matched or chrome on the vehicle EXCEPT the ****in mirrors.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not 100% on all of the details of it, I was looking through the dealership’s computer at the parts but neither myself or the parts manager were able to find anything that had turn signals WITHOUT the blind spot assist on the 2022 1500s, I currently have the regular heated mirrors that aren’t towing but they bother me given the fact that everything is color matched or chrome on the vehicle EXCEPT the ****in mirrors.
The color matched covers are the same regardless of what options you have in the mirror glass. You could also take the truck to a body shop and they will paint the mirrors for you. Or, if you are comfortable with doing some minor painting with color matched touch up paint you can remove the covers and paint them yourself, and probably cheaper than buying new covers. Just use a good plastic primer before praying the color.

Belial9112

Reaction score
The color matched covers are the same regardless of what options you have in the mirror glass. You could also take the truck to a body shop and they will paint the mirrors for you. Or, if you are comfortable with doing some minor painting with color matched touch up paint you can remove the covers and paint them yourself, and probably cheaper than buying new covers. Just use a good plastic primer before praying the color.
Yeah, regardless of the glass the housing is the same except that they only offer pre-painted covers for the mirrors with built in turn signals. The having them painted option is something that I had in mind.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, regardless of the glass the housing is the same except that they only offer pre-painted covers for the mirrors with built in turn signals. The having them painted option is something that I had in mind.
You can buy the covers separate from the mirror, and they will fit with no issues. I haven't seen any RAM mirrors that didn't have the turn signal lens on the front side of the .

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you don't have the turn signal in your mirrors? Amd they aren't tow mirrors, right?

Belial9112

Reaction score
You can buy the covers separate from the mirror, and they will fit with no issues. I haven't seen any RAM mirrors that didn't have the turn signal lens on the front side of the .
Correct, I can find the chrome covers that will fit, but none that are painted that DO NOT have the cut out for the turn signal.

Users who are viewing this thread