5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 5th Gen Dash Pad Removal

rhailstone

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited that the leather on top of the dash has delineated and bubbled. Since I'm out of warranty I have to take on the task of replacing the pad myself. I purchased the new dashed from the dealer for $700 which wasn't bad. I was looking to see if anyone else has taken on this task and might share some advice on how to proceed

Thanks,
Bob

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen some people here take a syringe of glue, and glue down the spots that bubbled up. That might be a less drastic measure than replacing it altogether.

Though I suppose if it doesn’t work, and you do need to remove and replace it, this would complicate that process.

rhailstone

Reaction score
The areas that are bubbled are quite large, the only solution is to replace the dash pad. I have most everything disassembled but for some reason it still won't come out. I was also looking for advice on removing the passenger side airbag.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I'm sorry this won't help you but my entire dash frame that included what you are calling the "dash pad" was replaced under warranty for the same reason. Delamination and large bubbles. They invited me back into the shop while the dash was out to see what an insane job it was. When I saw it the entire thing was detached and sitting on a table where they were putting the electronics and such back in. The mechanic that was doing it assured me it would be perfect when he was done. Despite it looking like something you might see at the assembly plant.

You have big kahunas and mad skill to tackle this job yourself.

rhailstone

Reaction score
I was able to remove and replace just the dash pad. The hardest part was getting the passenger side air bag in and out. There is one bolt that is very difficult to access. It's all done and everything works with no creeks or rattles. It would be much easier to do the second time once you understand how to attack the project but never again!

HAASCH

Reaction score
Curious, how long would you say from start to finish. I have the same exact issue. And, you say you can buy the Leather Pad only?
Thanks.

Gatorbert

Reaction score
I also had the same video although in Spanish this video helped a lot

Users who are viewing this thread